Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennkate Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2016, 11:46 AM
    Windows 7 failed to start
    After I declined to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 my Windows 7 fails to start. I;m getting the message A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. Status: oXC000000F.
    At an online suggestion I changed aptio setup utility boot to boot mode Legacy but that didn't help.
    I've also inserted a Dell backup and recovery reinstall disc I made after purchasing computer but I Keep getting same windows failed to start message.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 22, 2016, 11:50 AM
    reseat your RAM and graphics card and start over

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows 7 update failed [ 2 Answers ]

Using Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit. Security Update for Windows (KB2719985) fails every time. This update is not getting installed every time it gets error. Tried lot of alternatives downloaded that patch from Microsoft website & tried to installed but till not working.

Windows failed to start [ 2 Answers ]

A recent hardware or software change may have caused this... no recovery disk. Any suggestions for recovering data?

The application failed to initialize because the windows station is shutting down [ 3 Answers ]

I get this message together with a "doomp" sound when I shut down or restart the computer. The attachment is from system in event viewer:)

D:\ Missing, Windows 7 failed [ 5 Answers ]

So I have an Asus laptop and I got a free Windows Upgrade in the mail yesterday. I tried installing it as just an upgrade not a clean install inorder to keep my files. A message popped up and told me that I needed to restart my computer to start the upgrade process after uninstalling the only non...

DLL Initialization Failed Windows XP SP2/3 [ 3 Answers ]

On shutting down Windows XP SP2/3 I am receiving message on screen "dwwin.exe DLL Initialization Failed, and sometimes "drwtsn32.exe DLL Initialization Failed". I have also noticed programs are slow to shut down whilst Windows is running and have to be shut via a window pop-up "End Program Now". ...

View more questions Search