Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmeyer01 Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2016, 08:45 AM
    Trailer lights not working correct, which wire?
    So I have tried everything. Even bought all new brand new lights, wires, etc. I have the tail lights and turn signals working but the brake actually turns the lights off? What could be causing this? Thanks,
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 22, 2016, 11:17 AM
    Your owners manual should tell you what is needed. Some cars can use a 4 pole, some need a 5. Depends on how the brakes are wired with the turn signals.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 23, 2016, 03:33 AM
    It sounds like you may have a poor ground. Don't assume the hitch has a good connections. Make certain the White wire has a clean secure ground on both the vehicle and the trailer.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 23, 2016, 09:47 AM
    I'd focus on the hitch and clean all connections, particularly grounds.
    tmeyer01 Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2016, 10:40 AM
    Thanks. I have tried running directly from the adapter, brand new harness, right to some brand new tail lights and ground to trailer frame and still same outcome. I took all other connections and wires out of the equation to troubleshoot. Crude diagram attached. I even plugged my other trailer in to see what would happen there and got the same thing? Seems like it might actually be an issue starting with the vehicle?Attachment 48358

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a2002 honda accord tail lights dashboard lights not working but brake lights [ 1 Answers ]

2002 Honda Accord tail lights not working brake lights stuck on

Tail lights dash lights parking lights quit working [ 1 Answers ]

But turn signals work brake lights work radio works fuse and bulbs are good

Al wire on old trailer home, 120v on breaker but 50v on hot wire to outlet. [ 2 Answers ]

Al wire on old trailer home, 120v on breaker but 50v on hot wire to outlet.

Hot neutral wire-lights not working. [ 0 Answers ]

My outside lights are not working. I have a black and white and ground coming into the switch and a black and white and ground coming into the light box. At the light box with the switch off, I touch the white and ground-have juice. I touch the black and ground-no juice. I turn the switch on...

Tail lights or signal lights not working but break lights are [ 6 Answers ]

Can someon help I have no dash signals or tail lights but I have brake lights an head lights

View more questions Search