Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharls Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2016, 08:20 PM
    Finding the matrix of the linear operator A in a given basis
    I have no idea how to approach the following question:

The set P1 of all linear functions x 7→ ax + b is a two-dimensional linear space. A mapping A: P1 → P1 is defined by the rule: multiply a linear function ax + b by the linear function 4x + 6 and then take the remainder cx + b upon division of the resulting quadratic function by 6x 2 − x + 5. The remainder cx + b is the image of ax + b under A. The mapping A is a linear operator (one may wish to prove this as an exercise but this is not assessable). Find the matrix of the linear operator A in the basis 2x + 1, 2x + 4 of the linear space P1.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding the basis for land that had been in the family for years [ 2 Answers ]

My mom recently sold land that had been in my family for years. We are trying to figure out how to find the basis to use when she files taxes. My dad died in 1993 and the land went to my mom so I am guessing there would be a step increase there but have no idea how to find a price.

Linear/Matrix algebra [ 1 Answers ]

in super bowl 1, on Jan 15, 1967, the green bay packers defeated the Kansas city chiefs by a score of 35 to 10. The total points scored came from a combination of touchdowns, extr point kicks, and field goals, worth 6, 1 and 3 points respectively. The numbers of touchdowns and extra point kicks...

Finding basis for inherited property [ 1 Answers ]

My uncle died in 2006 and the family house was just sold in 2008. There was no estate because his part of the house was in an irrevocable trust that went to the rest of the family. How can I find the basis for members of the family who inherited various fractions of it on dates ranging from 1963...

Finding matrix transpose - why doesn't it work when passing pointer argument? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm adapting some code I've written using 2d arrays (to represent matrices) to handle large arrays such that double matrix goes to double **matrix and then I'm using malloc. It seems to work fine for part of my program up to where I have to find the matrix transpose at which point it does...

Linear equations... finding the value of a straight line [ 4 Answers ]

hi there... can you answer this for me please. or even give a better layman understanding of how to interprete the formula. the equation is y-y1=m(x-x1) ------ (1,2) gradient 3 is m the gradient or is x1 the gradient

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.