Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lost?? Posts: 234, Reputation: 7

Apr 14, 2007, 06:48 AM
    Accounting research paper topic
    Hey I have to wirte a research paper for accounting and I'm having trouble coming up with a good idea on what to write about. It can be abount anything in accounting, onlt thing is that it has to be 10 pages long. If anyone had any topic suggestions ide appreciate it. Thanks
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2007, 02:33 PM
    You can write a paper on Earnings Management and all the various accounting tricks that are done to get there, plus you can talk about audit procedures that should be used, or you can take a management accounting perspective and focus your recommendations that way.
    lost?? Posts: 234, Reputation: 7

Apr 17, 2007, 01:49 PM
    By earnings management, do you mean illegally smoothing income to make the investors happy and the company look better?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Yes, that would be one way.

Another way would be to manufacture income to meet debt covenants, for management to get their bonus, etc.
    manik chand dey Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Dec 13, 2007, 02:11 AM
    Regarding your question about selection of topic for thesis in accounting, I would like to put my opinion that you must select a topic quite relevant to today's environment.For instance how do you say about a topic on INFLATION ACCOUNTING,being a general scenario all over the world.

Or even you can select a topic like CONVERGENCE OF ACCOUNTING STANDARDS WITH IFRS, whicH is hot as well as quite challenging one.
    mathewstuart Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2010, 01:49 AM
    You are on the right track by deciding to give priority to select a good topic. Because a topic selection is very important to have creative mood in your writing. Selecting an interesting topic for your research paper will really make simple your entire task. Some students are using online writing services to buy research paper on their topic. Online writing services are good place to refer to get some working writing tips from the professionals in the field. You can also collect some more resources from other online sources. It is very simple to write more than ten pages regarding any topic, if you have interested in it.

manik chand dey Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2011, 11:23 PM
    Comment on lost? 's post
    Yes earnings management should be perceived as a bad thing. Through this tool companies often show a catchy picture about its own financial status.Some of the common methods for earnings management are under or overvaluation of inventory,under or over provisioning for depreciation, derecognition of liabilities on the strength of dubious transactions,advance recognition of revenue or deferment of revenue recognition, amortisation of expenses over a shorter or longer period etc
    abdistar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2011, 05:26 AM
    How do you see if I write on cash and bank management
    abure Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 01:31 AM
    like a topic on earnings management and inflation accounting, I don't see the independent and dependent variables.
    Trolololol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2011, 11:17 AM
    Don't waste your time searching for a topic for hours. That'll just make you have a large amount of writers block -- don't be to pick either. The options these helpful people gave you are good enough.
    Cathy2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2012, 12:52 PM
    please also help me find the dependent and independent variable in the following topic: effective internal control measures as tools for transparency, probity and accountability in the management of public resources.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Research paper - thesis [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the thesis within a reseach paper. I was told it was the last sentence in the 1st paragrah and then I was told anywhere in the first paragraph.

Research paper [ 1 Answers ]

How would you begin your second paragraph ? I'm so confused should you start with statistics or what kind of important information

Research paper thesis [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know a good research paper thesis that has to do with literature or even song lyrics?

Research paper help [ 2 Answers ]

I am doing my first research paper and I am attempting to explain the positive effects on society from a. edgar allen poe b. mae west c. industrial rock And how these groups are examples of different types of controversy that are positive to our culture Do you have any suggestions on how I...

View more questions Search