Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Afrikana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2016, 01:51 PM
    Old Foster Care Records
    I am the fifteenth child my mother had an was placed in foster care immediately. I was born 1954 and went through the Riverdale Children's Asscociation located in Manhattan. The case was in Manhattan. 13 of us were placed in foster care. I would like to have access to as many of my siblings records and mine, as possible. Most of them are deceased. Is this possible
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 19, 2016, 03:42 PM
    Records that old are highly unlikely to be computerized, and therefor are unlikely to be even remotely accessible without a lot of time spent (time is money) trying to locate old physical records if they still exist.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 19, 2016, 03:59 PM
    Wow! That was 62 years ago! Likely the records no longer exist.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 19, 2016, 04:13 PM
    I will agree, records from that long ago, would not be available and if they were, would need a court order to get them. I do understand the desire to find out more information.

I am sorry, I really see nothing available, unless some of them, have posted things on the internet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my foster care records [ 2 Answers ]

I was in foster care in May or June of 1977, I was only around 2 yrs old and only have scattered memories of it. My parents got me back a year or so later, but will not give me any details of what happpenesld or the family(s) I was with. Can you please help me find records of this time of my...

How do I get my foster care records? [ 2 Answers ]

I was in foster care for 3 yrs. 9 1/2 to 12 1/2. 1979 - 1982. I live in l.a. county. How do I get my records?

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

Foster care records [ 1 Answers ]

I am the same I want to now why I was put in foster and moved around I'm 20 like and I need to close the case on what happed how can we get them

Foster Care Records [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I need some help please. I am in the process of writing a book about my life and experience in Foster Care as a child. I want this book to be as close to the truth (without hurting some family members) as I can get it. I was in foster care from the age of 8 to 18 and I want to know...

View more questions Search