Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stokk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2016, 04:25 AM
    Jobs for stutterers?
    Life looks so hard to me because I cannot socialize and talk to people normally and it's a huge disadvantage every job I look for company wants someone who have good communication skills.. I mean every single job even it's a logging job
    I'm 20 yrs old 10th graduate from school and 12th from Open school I like outdoors like nature , travel.. Stay fit etc etc I don't want to do a desk job where I do sit at same place whole day
    I want a job where I don't have to talk to people much and always doing physical work or research outdoors I like nature and wildlife so much but I'm OK not working in that field . Can someone tell me types of jobs I can do and get employed easily.. Where communication is not that much important but Work ? Thanks in advance!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 19, 2016, 04:54 AM
    Logging, no they do not have to have great communication skills but do need to have education to understand orders. (there is a difference) I think you misunderstand, communication skills with good speaking, it is not the same.

River work (on boats), landscaping, plumbing, house construction work
    Underwater welding,
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 19, 2016, 05:40 AM
    What country? Not the US... where indeed there are always openings for underwater welders.

Have you checked out civil service jobs (for the gov't)? You won't always find their ads in the papers. Go directly to their websites. They have stricter rules about non discrimination. Park ranger sounds really good for you, and not all of them have to spend all day talking to the public. Some of the more rugged park rangers work on the trails and do patrols. I do think that these days, more and more rangers have some sort of advanced degree though, such as forestry or biology or ecology. It might be worth it to take some courses or even get a masters.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 19, 2016, 05:59 AM
    A degree in Forestry at the very least, is necessary to be a Park Ranger. A good opportunity and study alone does not require one to socialize or speak; of course biology would help as well, or animal husbandry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can HR from past employment jobs destroy your credibility with new jobs... [ 11 Answers ]

I'll try and not be specific - I am a recovered addict, I have done things that probably would have gotten me arrested but haven't, and I have gotten the attention of the authorities because of it. I have tried to get me life on track and my past keep chasing me. I have unintentionally ruined by...

View more questions Search