Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

May 18, 2016, 09:10 PM
    Job and sick question
    So I feel like I'm getting sick and my body is aching all over the place. I put in my resignation for my job a few days ago. I would feel really bad if I called in tomorrow because I'm sick. My boss is short staffed and I'm working all week until my 2 weeks is up. Can I call in sick if I need too? Right now I'm feeling like crap and I'm just hoping it goes away in the morning. I felt fine all day as well. I want to leave on good terms with my boss so me being sick will not be so good. Any advice on what I should do in this situation? Thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2016, 09:18 PM
    Have you taken anything for this? If you still feel bad in the morning, call in sick. No one at work wants your germs.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2016, 12:59 AM
    I woukd call in sick and provide a doctor's note so they know you aren't faking. A woman in my office showed up with a fresh case of pinkeye and it royally pissed me off. Nobody wants your germs.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 19, 2016, 04:58 AM
    You can call in sick, they could also tell you, not to bother coming back.

If you had worked there a long time, it may not effect anything.

But again, if you have only worked a short time, or is a borderline employee, this may look bad in their eyes.

Reason as a boss, I have never allowed a person to work their notice.
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

May 19, 2016, 09:25 AM
    Yeah I taken some idprofen for it and been taking super hot baths. I work by myself though she gives me the jobs and I do them. It does look bad but you can't help getting sick. I think the reason I got sick though is because she's over working me. My body is aching in pain and I'm really cold. It's funny because when I asked for jobs he would say we aren't busy at the moment and now all the sudden he's giving me tons of work just because I put my notice in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Job Question [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Im a teacher and I don't work in the summer . I also do some Finance etc on the side. I know its hard to get a summer job so was interested in even just volunteering at certain companies to learn more etc.. How do I go about asking if I can volunteer. Thanks

Job related question [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Saleh Tanvir.I am studying in Accountancy in the UK.As I am studying in Accountancy so you know after graduation I have to work in accountancy related work.But nowadays everywhere Accountants deal with interest.I mean you have to compute the interest rate like in the bank,accounting...

Do not feel comp case filed correctly lost want case refiled got sick on job in 2007 [ 0 Answers ]

When talking to people years after case Have been told since I got sick on job should have got worker's comp. Do not feel case was filed correctlt staying I told employer I was physically able to go in field was sent out Was in extreme pain when I returned to office. Went to hospital never...

I am a salaried employee and if I am out sick the job wants me to make up the days? [ 1 Answers ]

I am salary employee and I take off sick from work and my employer wants me to make up these days that I was off sick. But I was under a Doctor"s care and provided a note for each days missed?

Runt, sick (wild) kitten question [ 1 Answers ]

I have brought home a wild kitten about 5 weeks of age that has an eye infection and an abscess. The kitten is on antibotics starting today, but was only removed from the mother as of last night (it is eating gruel well at 3 hour intervals) but has not pooped. I have foster kittens, mainly for...

View more questions Search