Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Boblo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2016, 02:21 PM
    Mower blade drive belt replacement
    I replaced the mower blade drive belt on my Weed Eater riding mower and when I engaged the mower to cut grass, the belt rolled over on the engine pulley causing the belt to wear out in just a few minutes. How can I stop this from happening again as I have to replace it after only one use? This could get awful expensive! I checked to make sure it was installed properly before using it.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

May 21, 2016, 08:23 AM
    Hi,
    Well, obviously something was not correct! Hard to give a definitive answer withou the model number, unfartunately.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troy bilt 18 hp riding mower uppper drive belt and transimisson belt replacement [ 0 Answers ]

I replaced the drive belt and transmisson belt and the clutch/brake pedal will not work when the mower is in forward. The mower will move forward when idling without pressing on drive pedal. Anyone know what it could be?

Mower drive belt replacement [ 2 Answers ]

I have a craftsman self- propelled lawn mower, model 917.377791 that won't self-propel. The drive belt is cracked but intact and the idler pulley does not tighten the belt. I would like to replace belt but have not been able to determine how to get it off the engine. Its easy to get off the idler...

Blade drive belt replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I inherited a Honda Harmony H1011H from a friend who moved to the condo. He was using MTD V Belt to rplace the Honda blade belt. Now it is time to replace again. Is the spec.for the Honda parts available any where (including Drive Belt 76184-772-003)? Is the MTD V belt 754-0280A the same spec....

View more questions Search