Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChakriMuthyala Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2016, 12:38 AM
    USB HUBs bandwidth sharing control
    Hi,
    I have a usb 2.0 hub with 4 ports, I've to connect 2 usb cameras and a arduino board for a projects and my question is how to control the bandwidth of each port on the usb hub programmatically or some other way and how to assign com port number to usb hub ports?

Kindly help me out!
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 18, 2016, 06:47 AM
    What is the end goal here?

The operating system usually controls all this. You probably, even best case, won't get full bandwidth for transferring files regardless. You can do it, but I don't think the amount of effort required to do this will equal the possible gains you might see.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to control USB ports and CD/DVD drive? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, In a LAN environment (Windows 2003 as the server O/S and Windows XP and the O/S on client machines) how can we control/limit the use of USB ports and CD/DVD drives? Do we need to use some software for this or are their built-in features etc. (like the concept of Administrator, and Group...

Remote Power Switch Using USB Port to Control [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to do something that may never have been tried, although it seems simple enough. But before I get out the old soldering iron, maybe there is already a device that exists to do it. I bought a 1.5TB FreeAgent backup drive. I plan to format it and load my Rebit backup software (a very...

Sharing a Clear USB broadband connection with several laptops [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I Have one Clear USB wireless adapter connected to a laptop and it can go online. I have 5 laptops (including the one with the clear USB) with wifi adapters connected to a work group ad hoc . How do I allow all of the laptops to connect to the Internet through the one laptop with...

Sharing an usb printer on LAN [ 1 Answers ]

How how do I share my usb printer on a LAN network of 20 compurets?

Sharing of usb port computer in win98 [ 1 Answers ]

I have connected a hp1160 printer on usb port using win98 which is shared by other users on win98. My problem is that this printer is becoming offline automatically if it is idle for 10 minutes. Then you have to restart the computer to make it online. Suggest how I can solve this problem ...

View more questions Search