Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mahlone1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2016, 05:49 AM
    Gt 245
    Hello,
    I have a John Deere GT 245. I was cutting grass this weekend and the blades suddenly stopped working. The button to engage the blades was pulled. I depressed the button and pulled it again with no success. Thinking it may be a bad button, I left the button and raised off the seat, the mower out off.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

May 21, 2016, 08:20 AM
    Hi,
    I gather you mean the engine died? That is as it should be if the parking brake was off. Called "operator presence."
    Could be a bad PTO switch, a common failure; a blown fuse, less likely than you would think; a broken wire to the clutch, a common problem and found inside the right side frame; or a bad PTO clutch, more common than most think and with Deere less expensive than most would think.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

From 245 v to 220v converter [ 1 Answers ]

First let me preface my question with the fact that I am ignorant to electricity hence my lack of understanding to technical jargon. I am running an air compressor in my warehouse that has a motor with 230v capacity. Upon examination my electrician discovered that the power in the building is...

I-130 and 245(I) [ 2 Answers ]

A United States Citizen parent filed an I-130 Relative Petition for his daughter (over 21 years of age and unmarried). The daughter arrived legally under a Tourist Visa in the United States on February 15, 2002, and the I-130 Relative Petition was not filed until September 21, 2003. At the time...

My vehicle tires are 245/70 16, is it possible to put on 235/70 16? [ 3 Answers ]

My vehicle tires are 245/70 16, is it possible to put on 235/70 16? Can get my hand on a few of them for free, and was wondering if they would even fit. I know that the bigger number is the width, will it leak?

Changing a flat tire on John deere 245 [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a flat front tire on my JD 245--I can't seem to get the 'C" ring or clip off so I can remove the tire and wheel. Suggestions?

View more questions Search