Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Waheed Malik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2016, 12:59 AM
    Question about Presence of ALLAH
    Asalam alaikum,
    I'm Waheed Malik and alhamdulilah I'm a muslim.
    One of my friend asked me about Allah actually he is atheist. He asked me that if everything is created by Allah... Than where Allah came from (nauzubillah)? Please help me with this question.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 16, 2016, 04:46 AM
    It is beyond the understanding of man to answer such a question. Just because you or anyone cannot answer the question has nothing to do with your faith that God does exist. That is what FAITH is all about.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 16, 2016, 07:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Waheed Malik View Post
    Asalam alaikum,
    I'm Waheed Malik and alhamdulilah I'm a muslim.
    One of my friend asked me about Allah actually he is atheist. He asked me that if everything is created by Allah... Than where Allah came from (nauzubillah)? Please help me with this question.
    Hi!

I am an Atheist as well and the best I can figure out, based upon the Judeo/Christian/Islamic creation Myths, God/Allah predates the universe. He always was and always will be. It was on his whim that universe, earth, animals, man, etc. was created and was created from nothing.

This is the problem that I have come across, and you will too when talking to someone who doesn't believe as you do, people believe that their view on how the universe, man, and the world were created is correct beyond a shadow of a doubt. IT doesn't matter what they believe, they believe it to be true. An atheist will say that the universe was a ball of energy stable and clean until it exploded and created matter. Give it 9billion ish years, measured in units that only Humans can understand, and life formed, four billion more years and here we are. A fundemental christian will argue that six thousand years ago god got bored and created everything. Within a Weak Adam and Eve were playing hide the papaya in the Garden of Eden. Then history got a little hazy, people were born, died, and then this one jew came along and said "Hey we should be nice to everyone!" To which the Romans nailed him to a cross and said, "NO!".

I think you talking with the atheist, and not debating nor trying to convert him to Islam, is a good thing. It helps you define what you believe in and gets you to question your faith and ideas. This is never a bad thing. Most of the time you will remain comfortable in your beliefs. To ask and never just accept is a good thing. Even if the end goal is the same.

Allah be with you.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2016, 10:04 AM
    Dear Waheed Malik,

Both experts gave you excellent definitions hope that will help, good luck.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 16, 2016, 02:18 PM
    The answer to the question is unknown and unknowable. It's a bit ironic that in the scientific model of the Big Bang the answer to the question of what was before the Big Bang is also unknown and unknowable. So both the religious and scientific views of creation have elements in them that cannot be explained.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 16, 2016, 07:57 PM
    I view it this way. Everyone is responsible for their own choices.

If the Atheist viewpoint is right and god (any god) doesn't exist... nobody will ever know, everything simply ends when you die. If we are right and one does... everyone will know.

I don't try to convert anyone to my viewpoint....I have enough aggravation in life as it is do deal with without trying to change other peoples minds.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

May 16, 2016, 08:22 PM
    My way of thinking about it is: "It is better to believe even if you find it is not true then to not believe and find that it is true".
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2016, 09:44 PM
    This is a normal question, that people who do not believe n God ask, because they want to make you doubt. There is no answer because God has not told us, We know he always was, that he was not created. So that is your answer, He just is, he was and he always will be.

If the non believer can not accept that, that is their problem, not yours. Do not let their lack of faith, effect yours
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 17, 2016, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    The answer to the question is unknown and unknowable. It's a bit ironic that in the scientific model of the Big Bang the answer to the question of what was before the Big Bang is also unknown and unknowable. So both the religious and scientific views of creation have elements in them that cannot be explained.
    What's funny is that the most staunch of atheist still calls the moments before the big band "The moments of god." Because there is no way to know what was there before hand. There are theories that we're a smaller universe that is created then being destroyed. Maybe we're just a science experiment of higher order of being, hopefully we win first prize at the science fair.

What I have found is that faith is faith and everyone has it regardless of what their religion is. Atheist have just as much faith in their science as the religious do in their gods and philosophies.
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 17, 2016, 07:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    This is a normal question, that people who do not believe n God ask, because they want to make you doubt. There is no answer because God has not told us, We know he always was, that he was not created. So that is your answer, He just is, he was and he always will be.

If the non believer can not accept that, that is their problem, not yours. Do not let their lack of faith, effect yours
    Hi Chuck,

I, being a non-believer, do not ask these questions to make the believer doubt but to try to understand their beliefs. I grew up in a anglican/Baptist Household where both parents had lapsed. They tried when we were young, but it was just saying a prayer at the evening meal. I have never been directly exposed to religion, I have just have random encounters here and there. I have married two lapsed Mormons(divorced one and have a family with the other), I dated a Catholic (Quebec) who was certain I was going to hell for being a non-believer but still let me put my hand up her shirt, and I have dated a mennonite who was a pretentious knob. I never understand belief and faith, and each time I tried to figure it out it seemed like the Spanish inquisition.

I want to understand how and why people believe when there is evidence to show otherwise. This is how I came to understand faith and how atheists are just people trying to find their own belief structure. It is harder for the Atheist because there is no path for them to follow, they need to make it up as they go. I don't have a priest I can talk to when I am experiencing a crisis of faith, nor a church to help me when I have fallen.

I have honestly found a lot disrespect and lack of acceptance for my faith from the religious scholars that I have conversed with. Honestly all I (we?) want is respect and validation. Then again I might he one of the rare, respectable, and respecting Atheists out there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question on substantial presence test [ 7 Answers ]

My relative wants to avoid being considered a US tax resident for 2012. I have computed exactly the number of days of US presence (counting partial days as full days), according to the IRS formula as follows: 2012: 128 days 2011: 116/3 days 2010: 95/6 days If I add this up, without rounding...

Substantial Presence Test question - please help [ 1 Answers ]

I hope these will be very specific questions 1. I have been on H1B status since 06/13/05 (before that on F-1 & OPT). Do I qualify for Substantial Presence test ? I think yes. 2. If so, do I have to file 1040 or 1040EZ ? 3. Finally, as a single person filing as a resident - do I still qualify...

Substantial Presence Question [ 5 Answers ]

Hello All I came to United States on September 15th , 2005 on F-2( Dependent) visa with my husband, On November 30th my L-1 got approved and I started working for a company on 13th December. What form should I feel, 1040-NR or 1040 Please advise, and Can my husband claim me a dependent...

View more questions Search