Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vessel Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2016, 10:47 PM
    install amd radeon x850xt card
    I have a amd radeon x850xt card in my computer and was running windows xp until Google chrome stopped updates switched to mint linux 17.3 but could not install video drivers, bought windows 7 and tried to install drivers but again drivers would not install. If any one has a way to get these drivers to work in mint or windows 7 would be very appreciated.. Thank you
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 15, 2016, 01:05 AM
    Try the latest catalyst drivers, available with an auto detect function here: AMD Driver Autodetect

May 15, 2016, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Try the latest catalyst drivers, available with an auto detect function here: AMD Driver Autodetect
    The amd autodetect says there are no drivers available for windows 7 64 bit
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 15, 2016, 11:08 AM
    With the price of decent quality Video cards today... just for the aggravation savings alone... might be worth considering researching the recent generation of cards to find something with the price/performance ratio you can live with. I've had to make that decision a number of times over the last few decades for the very same reasons. Driver availability.

May 15, 2016, 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    With the price of decent quality Video cards today... just for the aggravation savings alone... might be worth considering researching the recent generation of cards to find something with the price/performance ratio you can live with. I've had to make that decision a number of times over the last few decades for the very same reasons. Driver availability.
    Thank you I might have to consider that option
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 16, 2016, 07:24 AM
    Not the Ideal situation, but you might consider the Vista 64bit driver. I have had some luck with Vista drivers on Win 7 machines.

That being said remember that, while this was an awesome graphics card, it is over 12 years old. I am with smoothy on this one, it is probably time to do an upgrade, especially if your hardware is that era as well.

May 16, 2016, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    Not the Ideal situation, but you might consider the Vista 64bit driver. I have had some luck with Vista drivers on Win 7 machines.

That being said remember that, while this was an awesome graphics card, it is over 12 years old. I am with smoothy on this one, it is probably time to do an upgrade, especially if your hardware is that era as well.
    Thank you I tried the vista 64 bit but that did not work either
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 16, 2016, 03:00 PM
    Did you install both pieces of software or just 1 ?

Legacy

May 16, 2016, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Did you install both pieces of software or just 1 ?Legacy
    I tried to install the vista 64 bit because windows 7 was not an option on the amd website and then tried to let it detect my operating system and it said that there was drivers for my operating system. I have been very happy with the amd card. My computer is as follows GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3V REV1.0 board Intel i3 2120 3.30 GHz proc ANTEC 620 POWER SUPPLY AMD Radeon X850XT graphic card kingston solid state hardrive
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 17, 2016, 07:17 AM
    I would really consider upgrading at this point, it isn't worth the hassle in my opinion.

May 17, 2016, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    I would really consider upgrading at this point, it isn't worth the hassle in my opinion.
    Thank you I think your right
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

May 17, 2016, 01:37 PM
    I keep an offline XP machine just for a few older games and some photo editing. Sometimes you need to do that for some older hardware as well, like printers or TV recording hardware that do not have drivers for the newer operating systems. So don't give up on that AMD card just yet. Maybe you could build your own box later on.

May 17, 2016, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post
    I keep an offline XP machine just for a few older games and some photo editing. Sometimes you need to do that for some older hardware as well, like printers or TV recording hardware that do not have drivers for the newer operating systems. So don't give up on that AMD card just yet. Maybe you could build your own box later on.
    Thank you for the advice I have two hardrives in my computer the larger non ssd hardrive I use for my photos, music and misc programs, I am running windows xp . The ssd is the one I use for web surfing and its only 32 gb and put nothing on that drive to keep it running as fast as possible. I am not sure if I can have two video cards in my computer so that I can keep the amd card on the windows xp hardrive

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which is better? AMD Radeon gt 7690m XT or Nvidia Geforce gt 640m 2gb [ 1 Answers ]

I am buying a laptop soon fand I need to know which is better for gaming! Amd has 1 gb dedicated and nvidia has 2gb dedicated

Install new graphics card ? [ 9 Answers ]

Keep in mind that I am computer illiterate. I have received the XFX GeoForce 9500 GT graphics card that Dell tells me will be sufficient to run MS Flight Simulator. I hope to be able to installl this myself but I need some information. It says that I need to remove any graphics card that I...

How do I install a usb2 controller card? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone! I have a Dell Diminsion 2100 with windows xp with 384 ram and 120 hard drive. It has two usb 1 ports on the back and that is all. I bought a usb 2 pci controller card with 4 external ports and 1 internal port. It came with no instructions for installation. Am I trying something that's...

View more questions Search