Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninademe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2016, 11:27 AM
    My old panasonic wireless says no link to base, reconnect base/ac adaptor.
    I have an old KX-TGA106 which displays "no link to base". I have put in new duracell rechargeable batteries AND tried to register the handset but unfortunately my single base does not have a locator button to press. The handset appears to be getting power so I don't think it's the ac adaptor?

What do I do?
    Thanks
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

May 21, 2016, 04:46 PM
    Your phones manual should show where the locator button is if its not labeled. You might consider getting yourself an inexpensive volt ohm meter to use for checking your ac adapter and other devices in the future. The wall wort itself will be labeled as ac or dc output and voltage so you can set the meter to the right setting. If its DC you want to look for the symbol that shows if the outside of the adapters plug to the base is positive or negative. Typically on the wall wort this will be a broken circle with a line that points into the center of the circle and labeled as + or -

--C+-- I can't put the + inside the broken circle but you get the idea. If the + is inside the circle use the red positive cable from the meter inside and touch the black negative to the outside and see if you get the proper voltage. You can get a cheap meter from Harbor Freight Tools if you have one in your area. They come in handy, and if you get the cheap one, remove the battery when your not using it to make it last a lot longer.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2017, 01:21 PM
    Likely need to reregister phone until it takes, some can be a pain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My panasonic base phone says base no power [ 0 Answers ]

I just purchased new kx-tg6844 panasonic phone set, they have charged all night but the hand phone on the base says base no power. I can call out using the base phone, but hand phone is dead. Have checked batteries, now what

Handset on Panasonic Phone "no link to base" [ 12 Answers ]

I have had the same Panasonic (land line) phone for years- and suddenly the handset isn't recognized by the base ("no link to base. Move closer to base and try again") Phone is plugged in as usual- and the speaker phone works fine to answer or to initiate a call.

No link to base move closer to base panasonic KX-TGA351BX [ 1 Answers ]

How resolved this problem

No link to base move closer to base [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought another handset for my panasonic phone. I try to register it and it doesn't work. I have a KX-TG5622 base and the handset is KX-TGA560B. The base phone and another handset work fine.

View more questions Search