Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Foil Posts: 178, Reputation: 4

May 13, 2016, 04:59 PM
    How to bring hard tooth abcess to a head
    I have an abcess alongside my lower jaw next to 2 adjacent cavities. It measures 2 1/2 inches long rising like a bell curve to a height of 1 inch with plenty of cheek swelling to protect it. It is very hot to the touch and hard for 4 days now. I have not seena any pus, discharge or foul odor.

How can I bring it to a head to hasten it's departure? note-I don't plan on lancing it myself.
    Is a warm moist compress ill-advised?

Before you answer-
    I've been to an ER, got antibitoics which I've been using for ~ 24 hours. 300mg Clindamycin 3 times a day 7 days, plus ibruprofin as needed. No change yet
    I'm 50 , no dentist (he retired) and on medicaid.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 13, 2016, 05:29 PM
    You CANT do this yourself, don't be foolish. The abscess is below the gum line and below the tooth, with no exit. It will build without being released, and no you cant lance it. The poison from the abscess will go to other areas of your sinus cavity and will cause you no end of ultimate pain. Is that what you want ?

The antibiotics will not help, neither will the ibroprofin. Didn't they tell you in the ER that this has to be clinically attended to?

This is professional advice by the way.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2016, 08:12 PM
    You can go to a dentist on medicaid and must do that immediately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a infected tooth cause u 2 breakout all over head n neck causing pain? [ 2 Answers ]

I am breaking out all over my head & neck areawhich is causing me pain.I would like 2 no can a infected tooth cause this?

My tooth hurts when I bend over or tap the top of my head... [ 1 Answers ]

I just found a hole in my top tooth in the far back tooth. It hurts when I shake my head or tap the top part of my head or even touching my face. It does not hurt to eat with this tooth but it does to jump or bend over. It feels like there is something in it. Please help me does any one know what...

Can a infected tooth cause you to have head aches? [ 2 Answers ]

MY tooth had shooting pain lastnight my whole side of my face is swollen now and I've had a pounding head ache n been throwing up... Any suggestions?

Tooth abcess [ 2 Answers ]

I have an abcess in my tooth caused by a dental hic-up where an emergency dentist left a steroid dressing in the wound then put a filling on top after 6mths I started to feel a lot of pain and my mouth swoll up causing my eye to swell then just after 2 days of antibiotics (ampicillin) I have green...

Tooth abcess [ 2 Answers ]

I had a filling that fell out never went back to dentist the tooth decayed but now it has a swoollen gum lump inside is this abcessed? No drainage no pain

View more questions Search