Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Foil Posts: 178, Reputation: 4

May 13, 2016, 04:24 PM
    Clindamycin for dental abcess-time frame and dosage
    I've been prescribed Clindamycin 300 mg every 8 hours for 7 days for 2 abcessd, adjacent teeth that started swelling/pain 6 days ago. I'm coming up on 24 hours on scrip with no change. Hard lump at side of lower jaw seems to be rising next to the teeth and moving a bit forward. Still hot to the touch. Should I up the dosage? I'm also using and ice pack and taking Motrin IB 400 mg when the pain returns.

Several questions-
    -I've seen no pus, discharge or any foul odor, is this unusual?
    -How much longer until I see results?
    -Should I expect the lump to come to a head and burst or shrink in size with no pus leakage? If so, when?
    -Should I take the Clindamycin every 6 hours instead of the prescribed 8 or just wait it out?
    -It seems very taut/hard, any suggestion on how to draw it to a head to hasten it's departure. note- I've no plans to lance it on it's own.

Age 50 female
    No dentist, medicaid
    1 ER visit
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 13, 2016, 05:31 PM
    This is information you will not get here. We do not have dentists, just people who know that what you are doing is foolish.
    Why are you fooling around with a ticking time bomb.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Time frame [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a statute of limitation to amend a divorce decree?

Ua time frame! [ 1 Answers ]

Im 6' 3" 235lbs. If I drank 8-9 beers 9 1/2 days ago and took a UA, would it show any traces of alcohol or anything else that is related to drinking?

SS-8 time frame [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it usually take the IRS to get back to me on an SS-8?

Abandonment time frame [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of filing for full custody of my son by publication. I want to know how long his father has to be gone in order to claim abandonment in Utah.

Eviction Time Frame [ 8 Answers ]

I live in San Francisco CA, I've been living in the same house for 27 years and the last 2 years I've been paying rent to the new owner. However the last 4 months I've been only able to pay partial rent due to my 62 yr old mother who's been sick. I've expressed to the landlord that we can't make...

View more questions Search