Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roel Zylstra Posts: 84, Reputation: 14
    Tech entrepreneur, perpetual student,lover of life

May 12, 2016, 09:23 PM
    Does a flush plate from any other brand fit a Geberit concealed cistern?
    Does a toilet flush plate from any other brand fit a Geberit concealed cistern? If not, why not?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 13, 2016, 01:38 PM
    From their website. "Geberit concealed cisterns are the classic of modern bathroom installations and have been installed a million times over around the world for 50 years. So you can count on their proverbial reliability. We perform a leak test on every cistern before delivering it. And because we guarantee the availability of spare parts for 25 years, you have the long-term security that your plumber will keep the technology operable for the long term. I'd start there.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 13, 2016, 03:46 PM
    Geberit has large selection of flush plates for their wall hung toilets. They are also reasonably priced. So there is really no need for third party to start making additional designs or finishes. Moreover, just like with any other branded product, it is not surprising that only Geberit flush plate can be attached to Geberit frame. It is proprietorial thing. Personally, I have been installing Geberit wall hung toilets for many years and never had anybody to inquire about third party flush plates. Also, I am not aware of any other brand plate that would fit Geberit wall frames

Milo

May 14, 2016, 11:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Dolezal View Post
    I am not aware of any other brand plate that would fit Geberit wall frames
    Milo, thanks for sharing your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo Dolezal View Post
    They are also reasonably priced.
    Please share a bit more with me regarding the price. Here is my experience:
    At Amazon Geberit sells one of their lower-end plates for $166. To determine whether this is reasonably priced let's look at the components. I didn't install the toilet so I may be wrong, but I think what is included is the visible plate (with buttons) and some small plastic and steel parts that can be seen in the second page of the Repair Parts pdf that Geberit provides on their site.

Did your clients know the price of the flush plate? Did they not feel that it was pricey? $166 for some molded plastic and bent steel? The carrier itself only costs $270! Granted you may be able to find a cheap plastic one for $50, but it's feel is really chintzy.
    Plumbing Expert

May 15, 2016, 07:15 AM
    Roel Zylstra, I hear you...

Geberit / Duravit sells two kinds of plates. The basic ones are priced between $50.00 and $100.00. They are white or polished chrome and are made of inexpensive plastic.

The more expensive flush plates are made of stainless steel, die-cast, or heavy gauge metal, plated as per customer, like nickel, brushed nickel, brushed stainless steel, bronze, pewter, just to mention few. Thus the higher cost. They also come in wide variety of designs. These are definitely expensive and run from $100.00 up to $500.00.

Agree, the interior parts are nothing but few plastic sticks worth probably under a dollar a set, as well as that the frame is priced unproportionately low as compared to other pieces. Same goes for their toilet seats...

Overall, I think Geberit / Duravit wall-hung toilet systems are worth every penny. If you are thinking about getting one, get one. You won't be disappointed.

Milo

May 15, 2016, 10:44 AM
    Yes, I purchased one. They are good. But what I'm considering is hugely undercutting Geberit and selling plates myself! There is a big (uncompeted!) margin there, no?
    Plumbing Expert

May 15, 2016, 11:27 AM
    That would very very cool ! Once at it, take in consideration making toilet seats for Gerberit toilets, too. They have no competition, no other seat will fit their design, and they are very expensive - sometimes costing 1/2 of the cost of the toilet fixture itself

Milo

May 27, 2016, 03:46 AM
    Yes, I've heard that too. Good idea; I'll look into it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flush Cistern Removal [ 3 Answers ]

My first attempt to solve plumbing problem at home. The toilet flush started leaking and stopped working. But I cannot open the lid. Can anyone suggest how to open these lids with such button as shown in the photo ?478334783447835 Please help... I am using buckets :P :P

My toilet won't flush but all inside cistern looks to be functioning [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my toilet won't flush. Inside the cistern the part attached to the handle is pulling up but it must have come loose inside the plastic container. I can, just about, fit my finger down in underneath the plastic container and when I 'flush', the part does go up but nothing happens. I does sound...

How do I change the flush syphon in a close coupled cistern [ 1 Answers ]

Whenever the buttons on top of the cistern are pressed, the cistern makes a noise like a dog barking. Also, every now and again, water continues to syphon after flushing. Never having changed a flush in a close coupled toilet, I was wondering if it is a job best left for the professionals.

My toilet cistern tank won't flush every time [ 4 Answers ]

When flushing my toilet cistern tank. It will not flush every time, it some times take 3 or more presses of the handle before it will flush.

Toilet Cistern-numerous tries to flush [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I have to crank the flush lever several times before my toilet flushes. A neighbour suggested that the "plastic flap valve" inside te siphon needs replcing. Can anyone confirm if this is the probable cause and if so how would I go about doing this? Any help appreciated. :confused:

View more questions Search