Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joylan72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2016, 06:22 AM
    How do I transfer acosta insurance to medicare b
    I am 71 and I am thinking of stopping my Acosta health insurance and go with just Medicare. Social Security approved signing up without penalty. Acosta has completed the necessary paperwork for this and I need to bring it to Social Security.

My question is how does this transfer over without any break in health insurance coverage? Does Acosta reimburse me $ for going with Medicare as private insurance is so high to the employer? I have set a date of 6/1/16 to go to Medicare B.

Can I please have a spokesperson call me so I'm better informed with my decision.

Thank you.

Joyce Landry
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 11, 2016, 06:37 AM
    This is a global website. We are not affiliated with Acosta or Medicare in anyway. As such, your personal information has been removed. It is very dangerous to put such private information on the Internet. You place yourself at risk for identity theft or harassment.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 11, 2016, 06:41 AM
    Going or moving without a break, will require working with your current agent, to keep that coverage in force till a date after the medicare will take effect.
    Medicare does not nearly cover all the bills, and you will need a supplement coverage.
    So will your current insurance become your medicare supplment insurance to cover the 1000's of dollars that medicare does not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medicare supplemental insurance for under 65 [ 19 Answers ]

Can't seem to get a supplemental insurance in Florida if you are disabled (under 65) I am 56 and need to find a supplement

Insurance medicare plans [ 1 Answers ]

Which is better Humana or Freedom health insurance companies

Supplemental Insurance for Medicare [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any supplemental health insurances that provide outpatient physical therapy covering at least 20%? Can you tell me which ones are most beneficial for receiving out patient physical therapy and the breakdown of coverage? Can you recommend a supplemental health insurance for someone having...

View more questions Search