Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nomankiwi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2016, 05:23 AM
    I need some advice regarding my Marriage .
    Dear Sir
    Assalamu Alaikum

I need some advice regarding my Marriage .

Nearly, 8 months ago, my family shown me a girl to marry, and she is my relative. I saw her and liked also, and I thought both of the families are agree so no problem, so that I started talking with her over phone. By talking over phone, both of us got emotional and there is a relationship grown between us day by day.

After 3 month from begging, my family informed me that they are not agree to let me marry with that girl, and that's only for social status. Actually sir, my father is a Engineer, and her father handle his lads in village, so my family is disagree, but that girl was so much emotional and me too. She asked to marry by ourselves and without our guardian's consent. I did not agree, but as I was also emotional and she was crying, so that I was emotionally bound or blackmailed.

We also had intercourse 5-7 times in last 4 month, but recently I have came to know that without girls parents consent the marriage is void or invalid, and that marriage registration is nothing but an agreement.

On the other side, my family is finding girl to marry me and asking me to forget my girlfriend. I told this to my girlfriend and she was crying, also got senseless 2 times. I am now mentally so much crushed and stressed.

I can not understand that what should I do. Should I destroy the agreement/ marriage registration (if the marriage is void) and hear my family. Or should I stay with that girl?
    My family will not accept her by any cost. And her family will not accept me as my family insulted them.

Please help me to make decision according to Islamic rule.

Thank you

Noman, Bangladesh.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 10, 2016, 06:44 AM
    Sorry my friend but the time to worry about what was acceptable under Islamic Law was before the two of you got together to have sex 5 or 7 times before you were married. You don't mention how you both came together without chaperones and obviously your parents don't know about these trysts between you or they will make you marry, especially if she has become PREGNANT. I feel you both should have known better, and were schooled enough to know how wrong it was to conduct yourselves.

What you really need is the counsel of a close trusted older more experienced male that you can confide in. You already know she will bear more of the consequences (SHAME) as a female than you will as a male, but as long as you are determined to follow your parents wishes then it is no longer up to you as the parents have the power and will dictate your actions.

Put simply keep your mouth shut, and do as you are told, and hope she is not carrying your baby, and hope she does the same. I advise you both get yourselves under control and face whatever your parents decide because obviously you have NO SAY in the matter, and don't know what the right thing to do is. If you aren't going to marry her on your own, then leave the poor girl ALONE... and hope she isn't pregnant.

Find that older male, (Or female) to talk to in confidence for guidance and know the insults will get worse on both sides once your parents or hers come to know ALL THE FACTS of this situation. On the facts of Islamic Law and premarital sex, your local religious leader can clarify that for you. Are you in a small village or a big city?

You brought this stress on YOURSELVES. I doubt anyone but you can relieve it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Need Advice Regarding My Marriage [ 8 Answers ]

Like the name of the book, my marriage is “Too Good to Leave, Too Bad to Stay.” We've been married for 18 years and have 6 children ranging in age from 16 to 6. He's a really good man, just not a good husband. He won't go to a doctor or dentist without me being there, but I booked myself in for an...

Need advice for marriage [ 3 Answers ]

Aslam o alikum I am planing to marry in girl who had very dark past as she took OTH over quran 3 times , 2 times in front of her xboyfriend because of me and 1 time because of him as that time I was not aware of her physical relationship with any one else. Now she is so much ashmed of her sins...

I need marriage advice! [ 4 Answers ]

About a month ago I looked at my husbands phone and found a text message from a number with no name. So I read it. I was obviously a conversation with a girl. I couldn't finish reading the whole thing because I felt stick, hot and started to shake. Whe I confronted him he tried to hide his phone...

Advice on intercast marriage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a christain girl in love with a mulsim boy we are in love for 2yrs my pro is that we are from a different cast but we are not worried about that he loves me a lot and even I too but at the sametime he loves his family too he loves his mom very much he says that he want his mom and me but we...

View more questions Search