Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunil K Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2016, 12:41 AM
    Value Stream Mapping
    What is uptime in Value Stream Mapping? How to calculate the same? Please any one can describe.

What is the difference between Run chart and X chart.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 10, 2016, 12:00 PM
    Uptime is when processes are actually running. Downtime is the opposite, when a system or process is not operating. Value stream mapping is looking at a process, determining what things can be done to reduce costs and improve output. Quite common in the chemical processing industries where I worked. If something was made with 5 labor intensive steps, what could be done to make the process faster and cheaper and yet maintain quality. The auto industry and the use of robots to weld and paint cars is a prime example.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_stream_mapping
    Sunil K Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2016, 09:56 PM
    Greetings of the day and Thank you sir...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mapping rule help:? [ 1 Answers ]

Im having trouble understand the mapping rule with functions, like how would I figure out the mapping rule of: f(x)=3x-5 and f(x)= -1/2x + 3 i know like the y=mx+b mapping rule but cant figure out how to reverse that and do it with function, if someone could explain itd be great, thanks

Drive mapping [ 3 Answers ]

Why is that I have to remap a network drive over a wireless network every time I startup my laptop

Mapping Runescape [ 1 Answers ]

I see a lot of maps for runescape, and am curious of how they are made. Does anyone know the answer to this?

View more questions Search