Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sducker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2016, 08:19 PM
    Peth
    Has anyone received a false positive Peth?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 9, 2016, 06:53 AM
    A positive result on a pEth test indicates Ethanol in the urine. How that ethanol gets into your system can be a topic of discussion. If you're being tested then chances are you're under an enforced abstience. This isn't news but, while you've been avoid all alcoholic beverages, you might still be consuming alcohol. Examples are:
    - Hand sanitizer, this will be absorbed via the skin, not enough for you to get drunk but enough to trip the test.
    - Body/hair care products. They contain alcohol or alcohol derivatives that can trip the test.
    - Food. It is a myth that all alcohol is cooked off during the cooking process. It isn't. A white wine sauce will still have some alcohol in it. This goes for a lot of other dishes from sauces to cakes to marinades and BBQ sauces. It takes hours at certain temperatures for the alcohol to burn off. Most don't go that long.

I would take a look at your routine and figure out if there is any secondary sources of alcohol that you might have ingested.

Good Luck
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

May 12, 2016, 10:23 PM
    Are you by any chance in a monitoring program?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PETH [ 4 Answers ]

Can peth test positive after one binge drinking

Peth [ 1 Answers ]

How much must u drink for positive result

Peth test [ 1 Answers ]

I drank approx 21/2 light beers 2 Saturdays ago and approx 4 last Saturday, before that no alcohol for weeks, will a peth test this Friday show positive?

PEth test [ 0 Answers ]

I was given a PEth test and it can back positive even though I have not consumed alcohol in 6 years. My company told me that it is impossible to get a false positive on a PEth test. I know that that cannot be true because I haven't had anything to drink. Is there anything out there to support a...

Another peth question... [ 1 Answers ]

I drank just over a pint of 100 proof vodka 30 days ago after months of sobriety. Then 18 days ago I had a single shot of vodka. 11 days ago a double shot of vodka. Is peth additive in that my most likely already raised level from the pint would rise again at small alcohol intake (the shots)? Is...

View more questions Search