Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toolstarr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 11:20 PM
    3 yo son having " white monster dreams"- but he says he's awake
    I just don't know if my son is just having bad dreams, or if there is really some sort of portal or something in my house.
    He has been talking about white monsters with guitars for about 6 + months now- he says they come through a hole in the floor( there is no hole)- there is a place where his bed has rubbed the paint off the floor- and that's where he says they come to him at night.- he says he is awake. And they are mean, have claws, and no mouths... but today when I was asking him - he said they had little sharp teeth- so I just don't know if this is a little boy with a great imagination and bad dreams - or if there is really something to it.
    He said they try to take his baby brother through the hole, but he won't wake up. He said the hole goes outside to like an anthill, but its slippery with ice.
    I don't think the monsters say anything to him- just communicate with the mind.
    I get really concerned when he starts talking about them.- I have tried to find any info on anything like this - but cant.- anyone have any ideas-
    We live in an old house, in central texas( the main part is over 100 yo) I have no idea if that has anything to do with it- or again - if it is just a reoccuring bad dream.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2007, 11:36 PM
    My first suggestion would be err on the side that there is nothing paranormal going on. Everyone is physically okay. Correct?

I can remember seeing and imagining all sorts of things as a child.

If he has been watching t.v. or playing any sort of games at length, I would be paying attention to anything that may be influencing what he thinks right now - friends that he plays with, what they talk about, books that may being read to him, food or medications that may be affecting him, etc.

A site that might be of help to you is the following. I hope that it is.

Sleep Problems, Sleep Disorders in Children: Nightmares, Night Terrors and Sleepwalking in Children: Merck Manual Home Edition
    luvmy_3_angels Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Apr 15, 2007, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by toolstarr
    i just dont know if my son is just having bad dreams, or if there is really some sort of portal or something in my house.
    he has been talking about white monsters with guitars for about 6 + months now- he says they come thru a hole in the floor( there is no hole)- there is a place where his bed has rubbed the paint off the floor- and thats where he says they come to him at nite.- he says he is awake. and they are mean, have claws, and no mouths.... but today when i was asking him - he said they had little sharp teeth- so i just dont know if this is a little boy with a great imagination and bad dreams - or if there is really something to it.
    he said they try to take his baby brother thru the hole, but he wont wake up. he said the hole goes outside to like an anthill, but its slippery with ice.
    i dont think the monsters say anything to him- just communicate with the mind.
    i get really concerned when he starts talking about them.- i have tried to find any info on anything like this - but cant.- anyone have any ideas-
    we live in an old house, in central texas( the main part is over 100 yo) i have no idea if that has anything to do with it- or again - if it is just a reoccuring bad dream.
    It almost sounds like a dream he would have from watching Monsters Inc. with the scene of the abominable snowman. My first thing would be to "play along". This helps with my daughter because she has terrible night terrors. Tell him that you are going to get some magic paint. (since he's three, I'm assuming he stays home, so you can't do it while he's gone.) Then paint the "hole"that they get through and say some magic spell or if you're religious, like I am, tell him that God blessed the paint, and say a prayer that keeps the monsters out of his room. Ask him if there are any other ways that they can get in and see if you can "fix" them. At Walmart I think they have little cans of paint for fixing up little spots on walls and such that are less than $10. You'd be surprised at what can convince a child if they think their parents believe it. We have magic fairy dust (really glittery powder makeup stuff or something) that we sprinkle on owies when they get hurt and when they should still be hurting, because I would, they feel better. I hope this helps. I actually just posted one that included my daughter seeing a white bear and she was awake. Weird coincidence, huh?
    Lez Posts: 73, Reputation: 7

Apr 15, 2007, 06:02 AM
    When I was a child of 5 I had dreams and sleep walked I had a friend in my dreams and while I walked around asleep she was a friendly women unlike what your son is seeing I asked my mum later on in life about this women and she had seen her too I am a beliver in all this.
    Im sat trying to think of what could make it easyer for him and to prevent him from feeling sceard if he is?
    Do you have a baby monitor that you can put in his room while he sleeps?
    With where the paint has rubbed off cover it and let him see you cover it and tell him that they can't come out of there now. Get a little dream catcher above his bed and tell him that this will trap all his bad dreams from getting to him.
    I know some things to you might sound daft in trying but its worth a try.
    Has he said that he talks to them?
    I isn't no expert but some little things like this may help you and if I can think of anything else shall send you a message.
    Lez Posts: 73, Reputation: 7

Apr 21, 2007, 07:08 PM
    How have you got on?
    bnimue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2014, 02:22 AM
    I just had a dream that wasn't nice. I was in an unfamiliar old house. Their was a white monster bogeyman that kept trying to appear into our reality.
    When I was awake in the dream, the same white monster would try to appear and disappear in our reality. This may sound strange, but when I was awake, I attempted to play a game of hide and seek with it. I threw something on the ground.. maybe seeds or nuts.. at different areas of the house. The white monster would appear at these areas at random to try to go find me. I had to find the best place to hide. I became more fearful and I decided to run to my neighbor's house. My mom and my sister ran with me because they saw the white monster too. They grabbed each other and held on to pray for it to go away. I told the neighbor about it but then I woke up from my dream.

That dream was very frightening. I do wonder if that monster exists. I couldn't find information about it but I came across this page that seemed very familiar. The monsters likely do exist on another form of reality but we can avoid them by banishing them away. Say a small banishing prayer like my mother did in the dream.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

My son just diagnosed with "diabetes 1".feel very upset [ 12 Answers ]

My 15 yr.old healthy son, was suddenly diagnosed with Diabetes 1. I have spent the past 11 days in the hospital with him, and I am feeling very overwhelmed, very shocked, sad, anxious and upset. This happened very suddenly. He was losing weight very fast, every day I noticed that he was looking...

Children's fantasy movie, white pony "maramis" [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for the name of a movie that was out in the late 80;s or early 90's, children's fantasy with a white pony named Maramis?

View more questions Search