Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karsongtk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2016, 09:22 AM
    Ovarian cyst in 13 years old.
    On December last year, my 13 years old daughter complained of pain in the abdomen & nausea, She was rushed to a well establish gyne who advised a three month birth control pill, but after 3 months of prescribed pills, the USG report is as follows:
    First USG report:
    RIGHT OVARY – Unilocular rt. Ovarian cyst of 71 x 50 mm seen
    USG AFTER 3 MONTHS:( birth control pill)
    A clear cystic SOL (67x70x39mm) is seen in the right adnexa extending to pouch of Douglas & small Ovarian component seen adjacent to the lesion (23 X 14 mm)
    We couldn’t follow up with the said doctor because we couldn’t get the appointment and looks like we will have to wait for more as he is away. The USG was done on my own interest as I really wanted to know status of the cyst. Unfortunately it is still there.. But no pain, no discomfort & menses was heavy during the medication
    I would really appreciate if you can kindly tell me what you make of it and also mention the seriousness of the matter and how I should approach the situation..

Thank you.
    a worried father.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 2, 2016, 10:12 AM
    It is natural for you to be worried, but we aren't really qualified to comment on the seriousness of this nor really what to make of it.

It does look like it has shrunk in size, maybe. Which seems to be common according to the article I am reading from the Mayo Clinic. Maybe look at it and see if it gives you any information. MOST seem to be benign, but some can be serious. The best course of action is to keep an eye on your daughter and, if she starts to experience abdominal pain, take her to your doctor/walk in clinic until your doctor returns and can explain this all to you.
    karsongtk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2016, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    It is natural for you to be worried, but we aren't really qualified to comment on the seriousness of this nor really what to make of it.

It does look like it has shrunk in size, maybe. Which seems to be common according to the article I am reading from the Mayo Clinic. Maybe look at it and see if it gives you any information. MOST seem to be benign, but some can be serious. The best course of action is to keep an eye on your daughter and, if she starts to experience abdominal pain, take her to your doctor/walk in clinic until your doctor returns and can explain this all to you.
    Thank you for the reply. Well at this moment of time your suggestion are the only thing that can be followed.
    Thanks
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 2, 2016, 02:21 PM
    I had at least one cyst showing on ultrasound many years ago. I never did anything about it.
    The main thing for you to do is not worry, but also to work on getting your daughter a regular doctor, if you can in your part of the world.
    I realize that many people have to go to crowded, overworked clinics and see a different doctor each time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ovarian Cyst [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Doc I am Huma and I am single.. I need to ask you something about my health.. well I have two follicular cyst in my left ovary.. according to ultra sound report my left ovary measures 4.1cm x 2.8cm. Contains two follicular cysts measures 1.7cm x 2.3cm & 1.6cmx1.9cm. having irregular...

Ovarian cyst [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a female 33 yrs old I have been married 4 months ago since 15july 2010 and I have no pregnancy and in the last month novmber2010 when I got a ultrasound examination showed that my rigth ovary has follicular cyst with 30 in 38 mm I want a solution and your advice

Pain from ovarian cyst after cyst is gone [ 1 Answers ]

My 15 year old daughter had an ovarian cyst about 4 months ago (6cm in size). She was put on birth control and the cyst went away after about 2 months, but she has pain in her abdomen almost every day. It gets worse when she is working out or playing sports. She has been given pain medicine but...

I am 24 years age,a ovarian cystectomy was done 1year ago.the cyst was haemaregic.thi [ 1 Answers ]

I am 24 years age,a ovarian cystectomy was done 1year ago.the cyst was haemaregic.this time I found my period is 9 days late till today.Am I suffering from cyst again?Can I be a mother in future?

Ovarian Cyst [ 3 Answers ]

Well I was just diagonosed with an ovarian cyst...and the doctor said that it has already ruptured...does anyone know if this could cause a problem getting pregnant?:confused: ..or if this is something I should be really worried about?:( ..One doctor told me that after it ruptured the pain should...

View more questions Search