Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dummath3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2016, 08:10 PM
    Formula to find out time of death?
    Need help figuring out what formula to use to estimate a time of death for a school project?

Body found at 11:55 am
    Body temperature 97.5°F at 12:00 pm
    97.366°F at 12:30 pm
    Air Conditioning set at a constant temperature of 70°F
    AlyssiaRees Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2016, 04:04 AM
    (1)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 2, 2016, 10:16 AM
    Newton's Law of Cooling states that the rate of cooling of an object is proportional to the temperature difference between the object and its surroundings, provided that this difference is not too large.1 When estimating the time of death, one needs to know the temperature of the surroundings and the temperature of the body at two different times in order to make an accurate estimate.
    It is assumed that the temperature of the body T(t) is governed by Newton's Law of Cooling,
    (1)
    where k is a negative constant, is the ambient temperature, and time t is the number of hours since the time of death. Also, the temperature of a human body at the time of death is considered to be 98.6 F, T(0) = 98.6 .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Time calculation formula [ 2 Answers ]

Im working with a Microsoft works spreadsheet program and trying to put an equation in that will total up my times. All of my times are in Hrs and min and are in separate columns and I want them to total out that way, at the bottom in a total column. What would be the correct formula to use I've...

Structural formula. Chemistry shall be the death of me D: [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I need to give the structural formula for: N,N-dimethylpropan-1-amine I already did it but he said it was wrong and shoved it back to do over half term but he lost my sheets with my how to work it out notes on >:( lol help pleaase :)) x

Need formula for speed without having time component [ 2 Answers ]

Hello> Can someone help me with this? A vehicle travelling skidding 81ft to point of impact. How do you determine how fast the vehicle was going?

Oceanography:I need the formula to find the time difference for longitude [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I need to find out how to calculate the time difference... of: 118 degrees 15'W and 81 degrees 47'W Please explain, I know you divide by 15 but?? :eek:

Time of death: [ 4 Answers ]

Time of death: How long after a person’s death does it take for a human body to begin to decompose (begin to corrupt)? What are the steps—the signs in this natural process after a person has died?

View more questions Search