Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ravengurl92 Posts: 301, Reputation: 6

May 1, 2016, 04:45 PM
    I need some tips on cleaning out and organization
    I am a very sentimental person and have a hard time letting go of things from my childhood. Because of this, my closets are full of old books, toys, CDs etc. I'm running out of space to store important things such as clothes. I have this same problem with my desk. Does anyone have any cleaning out and organization tips for me
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

May 1, 2016, 04:56 PM
    I have a hard time, too. I make three piles: donate, save, and maybe. I immediately donate what I don't need. Then, I put my maybe pile in a spot in my garage. If 3 months goes by and I haven't needed it, I donate it. I try to clean out my closet every few months and I either keep, donate, or "maybe" the clothing. Every week when putting laundry away, I clean out one dresser drawer. If it's not something special from your childhood, consider donating or selling it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 1, 2016, 05:49 PM
    I go through what feels like hormonal swings from extreme hoarder to extreme cleaner. (My mother was such a hoarder that her house was a health and fire hazard.)
    When I get the urge to purge my belongings, I do so as fast as I can before I regret any of it.
    I have a 3 month rule too, although I don't write it down. Just approximate.
    My town dump has a 'swap shop' and I enjoy taking loads of stuff there, and watching people grab some of it, some of which I found there.

But the BEST fun is having a tag sale, and it's that time of year! Last one I made close to $400.
    I also sell on ebay, and send things to family far and wide.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Backyard pond cleaning tips needed [ 3 Answers ]

Who has a pond (appox 120 gallons) and can give me some tips/shortcuts on draining and cleaning. No fish at present time.

Are there any special cleaning crack tips for Corian Sink? Do I just get a Corian Kit [ 1 Answers ]

I need to repair a crack in a Corian Sink. Does any one know if I need to clean it out with anything special? It about 6 in. long. It's on the flat part of the sink.

Need Deck cleaning tips [ 23 Answers ]

I am preparing to clean a 10 yr neglected deck. I have a pressure washer available, but I am looking for any input on cleaners to choose. I am trying to avoid chlorine bleach and sodium hydroxide. I was wondering if anyone has used an oxygen bleach and what their results were. Thanks,...

Cleaning credit tips? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi! I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I want to clean my credit up and, since I've never done this before, I need some advice. Here's my scenario: All of my negative marks on my credit report are from California. I now live in Nevada. I had a credit card from Capitol One with...

View more questions Search