Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    medic187 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2016, 02:43 PM
    Coarse Thread Shower Drain
    So I've gone and looked at Youtube and invested in a small hacksaw to take out a stuck shower drain. Needless to say this should have been a last resort.

I'm looking for a part that will fit what I've destroyed on the shower drain body which reads:

"PVC ASTM D2665 ABS ASTM D2661"

House was built in 1998. Plumbing installed by RJ Smith Plumbing of Frederick, MD. Tried calling with no return calls. So I went to Fergusons and believe it or not, they had nothing other than a ProFlo which was a little to big.

Went to a local Plumbing place here in Maryland and they gave me a Jones Stephens D41001. That piece almost fits, but has two vertical slats about 1/4" wide on either side of the drain and seems to be too tight of a fit.

I'm desperate for a part number and manufacturer. Lowe's and Home Depot didn't have the coarse threads I needed.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2016, 06:25 PM
    Your number suggests that you have a PVC drain. Did you destroy the basket or can you use it to match up threads? What you have isn't too unusual. Can you post a picture?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 1, 2016, 09:02 PM
    Can you post a photo of the drain ? And the part you have removed ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Shower was connected to Toilet drain and now we get smell from shower drain. [ 1 Answers ]

Used baking soda a vinegar to clean drain, but smell continues to be present. Read that I should have the air vent checked to see if it's clogged, but I get no smell from the other shower leading me to think it's just the gas backing up from the pipes. Also, how does an air vent get clogged? ...

Bathtub drain frozen-won't thread out [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 50 year old porcelain tub with a broken drain linkage. I cannot unthread the drain with a drain tool and strong pressure with a crescent wrench or a large screwdriver through the holes in the tool. Can anyone help. Do I have to use acetylene torch & heat it up and if so how do I prevent...

Soldering vs thread on for a new shower manifold [ 7 Answers ]

I am installing a brand new shower with a Delta manifold. It has threads for each connection (hot, cold, shower and tub). 1/2 copper also fits into the connections perfectly. I have already used this same configuration on my other show that I installed, I soldered in the copper pipe. Yes it...

View more questions Search