Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PepperStar Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2016, 04:37 PM
    What constitutes business days
    I have fifteen days to respond to a notice, if the 1st of the month lands on a Sunday, does that mean I get an extra day because the next business day is Monday.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2016, 05:00 PM
    Unless it specifically states so, no, you have 15 days. Make sure you get it there in 14.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2016, 02:12 AM
    Does it state specifically business days. Or just 15 days ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 1, 2016, 04:50 AM
    Add 15 days from the date of the letter and respond before then, but why would you wait until the last minute?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 1, 2016, 05:45 AM
    Also many places specify they must have RECEIVED an answer by then..(do not assume anything), not that you have that long to actually decide to send something out.

As was mentioned... wait until the last minute... then expect things to go wrong for you. You will usually be responsible for things that might actually be beyond your control.

Paying extra for tracking numbers, etc. is always a good idea to prove it was actually sent when you claim it was sent.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 1, 2016, 06:29 AM
    This in the small claims section, so I assume this is a court document you received. If so, you have 15 days from the date of the letter/document, not 15 business days.

To to make is simpler, if the letter/document is dated on May 1, the court must receive your document by the 16th of May.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2016, 03:11 PM
    I have fifteen days to respond to a notice
    That says it all. You have 15 days. Not 15 business days, but 15 days. So 15 days from the date you go the notice. No Sunday's off, no weekends off, just 15 days from the date you got it. Add 15 to the date you received this notice, and that's the day it has to be in by.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 2, 2016, 05:17 AM
    In any event, 15 days from Sunday, May 1st will fall on Monday, May 16th.

If, on the other hand, the notice is not a court summons or other deadline but rather a demand letter, contractual clause, or whatever which explicitly specifies 15 business days, it normally would mean Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. So that would be until May 20th.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

20 calendar days or 20 business days? [ 2 Answers ]

WI Statute 802 states: 'answer within 20 days after the service of the complaint'. Is this 20 calendar days or 20 business days?

What kind of business would I choose now a days? [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of business would I choose now a days? I´m planning to have a toy business. Do you think this is good idea?

What constitutes abandonment in va. [ 6 Answers ]

My wife and I decided to separate,and we agreed to sell our house since neither one of us can really afford it on one income, but she found a house and moved out with the kids leaving me with all the bills, both of our names are on the mortgage, but she claims to have found a place that is letting...

What constitutes a NR status? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I live in the state of Georgia and got married to a US citizen in April 2007. My husband lives in Maryland. We did not live together in 2007. I had a J-1 visa previously and had received the 2 year residency exemption. I have an employment authorization card that is valid from June...

View more questions Search