I just got out jail I need money can I really get money from a bank
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 30, 2016, 10:29 AM
    Yes, that's one of their purposes.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 30, 2016, 10:51 AM
    Highly advisable that you APPLY for it the traditional way and see if you qualify for a LOAN, unless you have an account with money in it available. Any other way may be illegal.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 30, 2016, 12:43 PM
    No, you aren't going to 'really get money from a bank.' Who's telling you this?
    If you see online links to 'grants for felons,' it's a flat out lie. You CAN get education to some extent, but the money goes to the school.
    Where I live, you can't get released until you have a place to stay, usually a half way house, and you have to have a job within about 2 weeks.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2016, 02:14 PM
    No bank is going to LOAN you money without a job and income. They aren't going to "give you" any money either. Now if you have an account with one and have your own money there, you can get that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2016, 02:15 AM
    How do you plan on getting the money, going to the bank with a gun and robbing it.

Do you have money deposited in the bank from before, then yes you can just get the money.

There is no free money for being in jail.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2016, 03:22 PM
    Had to spread the rep for Smoothy, but he's dead on accurate.

If you're talking about a loan, you need a full time job, a steady income, before any bank will even consider the loan. If you've only had the job a few weeks or months, then don't even bother, you're not a good risk. If you have outstanding bills, are behind on car payments, or mortgage payments, or credit card payments, or owe money to other places and you haven't been paying regularly, then you'll be turned down.

They'll look at your bank balance, how much money you're making, how long you've had your job, what you own (house, car, trailer,) your past loans and how you were about payments, if you missed payments. They'll look at everything. One missed payment and you won't get the loan.

Been through this recently. We owe less than 1/4 of what our house is worth, own one car outright, paying on another, paying for a trailer, never miss payments on any of those. We bought a new dryer a few years ago at Leon's. We thought we were paying. We were paying. But they had two accounts for us, a Leon's visa, and the loan for the dryer. We thought that paying off on just one of those accounts (since we used the Leon's visa for the purchase of the dryer we were paying towards the Leon's visa), meant that we were making payments. But no. Turns out we had to pay to two separate accounts, not just the one. We put all our payments towards the Visa, don't even have paperwork for another account, but apparently there is one, which we didn't know about. So now our credit is ruined and we couldn't get a loan.

So unless your credit history is stellar, don't bet on getting a loan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My bank account got red flag I need my money who can I call for the bank to relase it [ 6 Answers ]

I have a over sea investment account that I have had for many years now. I am in some financial problem and need to liquidate that account. It a very large some of money. I got the account wire transfer to my bank account. I knew the bank would red flag it because of the large amount but now it...

Need advice Asap. Bank account containing student loans has been frozen. [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I am appearing in court Tuesday for the second time now due to a judgement which resulted in the freezing of my bank account. The account contained my student loans. AT first thought I knew it was a wrongful seizure, and after some researching I was right. I had intermingled my tax return...

Jail time question answer asap if possible [ 1 Answers ]

I was on Probation (11 29) in Tennessee. I have a new charge and am sentenced to do 15 days in jail. A very overcrowded jail. What would be the minimum I would have to serve if I show good behavior?

Transfer money from a foreign bank to an american bank [ 2 Answers ]

I am a student in California. I have a bank account in England. I want to transfer that money to my Bank of Ameica account. How do I do that without going back to England?

Can I go to jail for keeping my deceased fathers money from his bank account? [ 1 Answers ]

My father passed away 4 months ago.. we have not gone to probate and I filed a probate 1300 form at his bank to obtain the money in his account. Our attorney said we will not go to probate and everything is to be divided equally. I am pretty much in charge. Can I go to jail for keeping the money in...

View more questions Search