Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariebarba Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2016, 06:54 PM
    Is huming noise in the AC condenser a result of a rusty circuit breaker?
    Central AC sounds like it is straining because of the loud noise and the thermostat started clicking. Two opinions in household point to one it is the circuit breakers and second it is the Freon. What is your opinion.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2016, 08:19 PM
    With your info we are just guessing. What loud noise? Thermostats click to start the cycle. Are you confusing a breaker with a contactor? Circuit breakers would typically trip if overloaded. I would go with low freon from what you are telling us. You also posted on another old post. Please don't do that, it confuses the issue.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2016, 09:00 PM
    If you have a heat pump? You may be just be hearing the reversing valve.. Normal sound in cooling mode.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buzzing noise coming from circuit breaker when treadmill is running. [ 4 Answers ]

I live in a home that was built in 1968 that has a basement that was finished, I believe when the house was built. We had to have an electrician install GFCI receptacles in the bathrooms and kitchens right after buying the house to bring it up to code. While my husband was using the treadmill in...

Circuit breaker noise when it turns on [ 2 Answers ]

I have 10 year old house. A few days ago, the electricity of one section of my house went off. When I opende dthe circuit breaker panel, one breaker tripped. When I turn it on, it worked but I could hear buzz sound. When I turn it off, the sounds gone. When I turn it on, the sound on. I thought it...

Circuit Breaker Making Noise When Compressor Is Running [ 2 Answers ]

I have a ~15 year old, 5 ton Carrier A/C unit. Recently the circuit breaker tripped when I tried to turn on the A/C. After that there was no power to the unit even after I reset the breaker. A technician checked it out and said that the circuit breaker was bad and it needed to be replaced before...

Why does the condenser fan hum, and trip the circuit breaker? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 48000 BTUH Amana High Efficiency remote condensing unit that is not cooling. I realized that the circuit breaker keeps tripping. On investigating, I realized that condensing unit fan only humns but does not blow. After 10/15 minutes of fixing the breaker, it trips again. Do I need the fan...

Fan making a huming noise. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my question is why is my new fan with light attachment makes a humming noise when I turn off light but keep fan running. Type of switch that is on the wall is a dimer.

View more questions Search