Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tsahkratis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2016, 01:27 PM
    Remote
    My company closed our office about five years ago and turned us all into remote employees. We support manufacturing production facilities around the world, including one in the same city as the office. They pay for our internet, home phone and even mileage to and from the local production facility and/or travel expenses to other facilities. Now they want us to report to the local production facility full time. Isn't this a change of status that I have to approve? And if I decline should they offer me a severance? Again, my official title shows me as a remote employee. I plan to try and reason with my boss and see if I can continue to meet requirements remotely and find out what the concerns are that are driving this change. But I want to know how/if I can push back. I like my job and have good performance reviews and spend most of my day sitting at a desk working email, reports and attending conference calls, almost exclusively with folks around the world. In my eyes, reporting to the local production facility would only take away what I see as a benefit, and cost me money.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2016, 02:13 PM
    What documentation have they provided you? Do you have an Employee Manual or Policy and Procedure Manual?

If "no" to both, then are you in an "At will" State?

Based on what information you have given, there is no reason to believe that you have to approve for your employer to change this issue of your employment or just let you go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Wall remote not working - hand remote is. Model# UC-9050T [ 0 Answers ]

I installed a Harbor Breeze wall remote some 6 months ago, model #UC-9050T. It also came with a separate hand held remote. Both units worked fine until one day the wall unit stopped working. None of the buttons work nor does the small red light turn on. The lower on/off switch still works and...

How to change ceiling fan remote batteries on a hamilton bay remote control unit [ 3 Answers ]

Before I break the darn thing, can you tell me if the back panel comes off or if I have to unscrew the top and bottom screws?

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan wall remote and LCD remote [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've just installed 2 harbor breeze fans that came with LCD remote. Everything works as they suppose to. 2 remotes controlling each fan with dip SW set up. Then, I thought it would be nice if I purchase the wall remote unit so that I do not have to search for remote all the time....

Hunter fan w/ light & reversing switch on remote, remote not working properly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Hunter fan with light and remote control, with reversible switch on the remote. RC was working fine until recently, and now, the fan will not turn off with it. I do not have a wall switch. The light works fine with RC, and the reversing also works, so does the fan speed. So, what...

View more questions Search