Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BOBKeber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2016, 11:55 AM
    LX172 PTO problem (Kinda of)
    I just bought a LX172 runs great, cuts great, last owner had the PTO switch replaced. And it works but when you are cutting and then shut the blades off you have to wait 10 to 15 minutes before you can engage again. That would be the PTO itself is bad or just need adjusting or is the new switch bad?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

May 21, 2016, 07:46 AM
    Hi,
    My guess is that the PTO clutch is bad. Good news there, if any is, is the Deere has the most reasonable prices available.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere LX172 PTO won't engage [ 15 Answers ]

I have a John Deere model LX172 riding mower. It runs well but I can't get the mower to engage. The main pulley under the motor will not turn. The engine will kill if I turn on the PTO switch while not in the seat so I'm assuming the switch and the safety part of it works. Any suggestions on what...

Cub cadet pto problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Cub Cadet LT1080 after mowing for a couple hours the PTO won't come on + the battery goes down and the mower won't start, when I recharge the battery the mower starts and the pto works fine. How can I repair? Thanks, Ray

PTO Clutch Johndeere LX172 [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Johndeere LX172 and the belt on the PTO Clutch and it keeps on ripping the belt. The clutch runs verry hot when is working. We have change the berring and completed the allingment. Do I need a newone?

PTO Switch Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Turning on PTO switch on my troybilt gtx 18 model 13060 blows the 30 amp fuse and shuts down the tractor. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am assuming it is the PTO switch since everything runs perfectly until the switch is engaged.

L 130 pto electric problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have an L130 model with some issues. The PTO stopped engaging the deck. I bought a new switch and it worked for about ten minutes before it melted. All the wires were gone over with no open casing or breaks. Could it be the electric clutch gone bad? Not sure where to go without spending too...

View more questions Search