Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayjoshi3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2016, 04:22 AM
    Hvac mechanical design
    Hi,

I am a Mechanical Engineer and I just started to work with an Architectural Engineering Consultancy.

My job is to design HVAC systems for commercial buildings, villas, warehouses, etc.

This is entirely a new thing for me. I need to know " How an engineer decide to accommodate chillers, AHU, fan, etc. How one could decide about the capacity and installation of the equipments?

I asked to the engineer who was previously working with the firm. He emphasized on a software called HAP from the company CARRIER. As of now, that software is not available at my firm. Although I believe that there should be several ways to design the system.

Kindly help me with this

Regards,
    Jay
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2016, 05:25 AM
    The first thing would be to find out what software YOUR company has available and become very familiar with it. The whole point is to become knowledgeable in what your company uses and the processes, and procedures THEY use. What you use at home is up to you.

Talk to an experienced engineer who is currently working at YOUR company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a mechanical engineer (or other smart person) solve this fence design problem? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to create a net system to keep basketballs from flying over the neighbors fence & crushing their flowers, etc. I currently have a sport court-type volleyball/tennis net system installed which is perpendicular to the wooden fence shared with the neighbors. (See images) The support pole...

What couses are required for working on Pharmaceutical HVAC design? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm interested for working in HVAC specially in the area Pharmaceutical/Cleanroom sector for desiging HVAC. How can I be a good HVAC design engineer.

Insi of mechanical engineer(india) oreng ime is equvelnt to B Tech mechanical [ 0 Answers ]

Insi of mechanical engineer(india) ime is equvelnt to Regular B Tech mechanical engineering? After ime we can take addmision in M Tech in regular? Its very hard to clear all subject?

Mechanical - HVAC [ 0 Answers ]

If any body can please advice… In HVAC total calculated load is 245 TR. But the total connected load is 300 TR. Selected chiller model is based on 245 TR. 1. The selection is correct or wrong? 2. If the selection is write, How to set the GPM, Based on calculated or selected GPM. 3. Is there...

Hvac system design for high rise building [ 1 Answers ]

do any 1 describe in detail the design & selection of cooling tower; que.=cooling tower for a chiller of 750 TR & 1000 TR? primary & secondary pump,condenser pump along with pipe sizing method. building height=building 1 is 27 floor ( 350 ft) 2 is 35...

View more questions Search