Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rfpapa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2016, 03:50 AM
    Brinks system taken over by ADT- Disabled and beeping
    I have read solutions on here that require hitting star but there is no star on my keypad which was originally installed by Brinks. I disconnected system but it beeps every morning at 6:00 a.m. and will not go off until I hit cancel. ADT states I have to disconnect entire system. I would like to still use it even though it is no longer monitered by them. Any way you can help would be appreciated.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2016, 08:04 AM
    Why is it beeping? Mine beeps when the backup battery is bad.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2016, 06:03 PM
    See if these links are helpful,

Geeks On Home: How to Change the Battery in a Brinks Alarm

And

Why Does the House Alarm System Keep Beeping? | eHow

Many good links on the side, and you can scroll down for useful articles in the first link.

Apr 27, 2016, 09:29 AM
    It is beeping because there is a communication error with ADT. It flashes this on the system. ADT told me it will continue to do this because I disconnected the service and it is telling me they can no longer communicate with the system. The battery is fine and I do know how to disconnect it. It appears it is ADT's way of making the system useless if I do not want to pay the monthly fee to have it wired to police department.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 27, 2016, 10:38 PM
    I don't know how savvy you are with phone wiring, but I did find this,

Wiring an RJ31X Telephone Jack

How to Wire an RJ31X Jack | GOHTS Wiki

They even have videos.

RJ31X jack wiring diagram for line seizure : LiveWatch Help Center

But read this first

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...3194046AAUovlV

Then get out the phone book and start calling some of the local independant alarm dealers in your area. If you don't want to risk getting pressured into signing a monitoring contract then stay away from the big companies like Brinks, and ADT, or Chubb, and find a nice friendly independant alarm dealer. If you need help finding a responsible dealer, then call the NBFAA in the USA, or CANASA in Canada.
    Got any relatives or friends that work for the phone company? Or

Best Unmonitored Home Security System Comparison Table

Let me know if this helps

Apr 28, 2016, 04:07 AM
    Thanks for your suggestion. I paid to have it wireless a few years back so they disconnected the phone jacks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unmonitored ADT alarm beeping [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We have an old, now unmonitored ADT alarm that was in the house when we moved in several years ago. We have been using the alarm system as a regular unmonitored set-up fine until 2 days ago. Distracted by the kids, I accidentally typed in some numbers on the key-pad, which weren't...

Brinks alarm box keeps beeping [ 1 Answers ]

We bought a home that has a Brinks alarm box that was supposedly disconnected. After living here for over a year, it is now beeping at random. We have pushed every button on there, nothing makes it stop. Online research finds someone else posted this question 4 years ago. The solution that...

Cancelled ADT service but my alarm keeps beeping. [ 2 Answers ]

The alarm is a GE Security part No: 60-806 60-806-95R. I have disconnected the battery in the main box and disconnected the phone. I still get beeping. Can you help?

ADT honeywel security galaxy z-12 alarm system won't stop beeping [ 2 Answers ]

ADT honeywel security galaxy z-12 alarm system won't stop beeping every 20 seconds ever since the phone line got disconnected. It is driving my family crazy! I've tried to call adt but I get told to send an engineer out to fix it. Yeah thanks at 130£ Can anyone help? Many thanks if you can

View more questions Search