Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdelerme1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2016, 09:57 AM
    Estimating Annual Sales Revenue Needed to Hire New Employees
    What formula or worksheet application would allow me to estimate how much sales is required to how a given number of employees?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 24, 2016, 11:14 AM
    Far, far, far too many variables.
    In the US, a huge overhead is required for half the SS, unemployment insurance, workmen's comp, and liability. Comp varies a lot, by how risky the job is. Then there's health insurance, in some cases. My state is raising the minimum wage each year. I could go on all day.
    Having run offices for small proprietors, I can tell you that starting to be an employer (which also requires a federal and state EIN) is a tremendous amount of work, knowledge, filing of reports, and money.
    There is NO app for it.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2016, 12:29 PM
    I'm not even an accountant and I know you need more information than that.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2016, 03:46 PM
    The breakeven formula can be adapted to provide the answer. Basically staff costs are fixed costs, however there may be other costs involved. In simple terms; divide the cost by the gross margin percentage
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2016, 05:00 PM
    What is the percent of profit, for total sales?
    What percent of total profit is allowed for employee costs, including salary plus employee overhead costs.

That is a individual company issue, since they all have different percents of overhead for employee costs, (insurances, government taxes, and more) and have a different idea of what percent of profit can beused for employees.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 25, 2016, 02:05 AM
    I wrote a long response yesterday and it disappeared.
    There is no such worksheet. Far too complicated. Even something like Workmen's Comp can be twice the amount in one risk category as another. In the US, there are variations by state. I could sit here all day writing about it. You have to do your own work on your particular situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Annual Unit Sales Volume?? [ 1 Answers ]

I am to determine the annual unit sales volume at which Martinez Company would be indifferent between either the Capital-Intensive or Labor-Intensive method. I have calculated the break even point as being 156,750 units if they chose the capital and 113,926 for the labor. I then found the...

How can I calculate annual sales? [ 0 Answers ]

What steps do I take to find the Annual Sales figure for a company considering a new product? I have Calculated sales as is before the new products introduction, but cannot seem to find the correct answer. Could someone help me with the steps I should take? If you need a example, please reference...

Annual sales and ACP [ 1 Answers ]

A company's had a quick ratio of 1.4, a current ratio of 3.0, an inventory turnover of 6 times, total current assets of $675,000, and cash and marketable securities of $100.000 in 2007. What were the company's annual sales and its ACP for that year?

Annual sales [ 3 Answers ]

How to calculate annual sales?:)

View more questions Search