Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harrisetal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2016, 06:08 AM
    How do you wire four sets of wire going into one junction box
    In the attic I had a short and four wires were pulled out of one box and I am unable to figure out how to put them back . I have four ceiling lights that does not work now.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Apr 24, 2016, 06:16 AM
    You would need to tell us exactly what each cable is, and where it goes.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2016, 08:12 AM
    You will have to find the hot supply with a VOM and then trace the wires to the lights, probably through a switch. However, we have no idea as to how your circuits are wired . From your basic description, with 4 "wires" -Cables? I would think connect all black and connect all white but that is a guess. Breaker turned back on?
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2016, 02:51 AM
    This is one of those questions that can't be answered without the ability to troubleshoot and trace the wires. If that is something you cannot do you will have to find someone who can. Just not online and in person. Who took the wires out? How do you know you have a short? (had a short). You can try sending a picture of what you have but there's no guarantee we can help without knowing where they go. And if you knew where they went you wouldn't be asking us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 Wire Junction Box to 4 Wire Stove [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I just bought a 30" Kenmore Stove which has a 4-wire connection. The wall does not have an outlet, it has a 3-wire (Black, White and GND). I am not 100% sure how to make this connection because I haven't fooled with 220 in very long time. I am looking for some help and advice on...

Can I cap off white junction box wire [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older chandelier with 2 unlabeled wire (a single double wire which has been split in two.) The junction box has a black, white, and red wire in addition to a copper wire. I attached the copper wire to the green screw, but I was not the one who removed the previous chandelier and do not...

No red wire in junction box [ 3 Answers ]

Installing a timer forutside light. Box only has white, black, green. I know black to black white to white; but timer also has a red wire; I have no red wire in box. What do I connect the red wire from timer to? Right now I just capped it off, but on manual I cannot turn the light on

How do I splice #6 wire in a junction box? [ 5 Answers ]

How do I splice #6 wire in a junction box ?

Junction box for #2 aluminum wire [ 3 Answers ]

I need to join a new 100A feed on #2 aluminum wire to an existing #2 wire running from the panel. So this is actually #2 alum triplex in both cases plus a #8 bare copper ground. The junction will take place in an access panel in the wall where the two PVC conduits meet. What size junction box do...

View more questions Search