Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notfreakingout Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2016, 06:39 AM
    Chlamydia in monogamous relationship?
    I had a really interesting morning today. Earlier this week I went to my gynecologist because I had some pain down there and they tested me for almost everything (the hypochondriac in me insisted!). After few days I went to see my results and I was shocked to find out that I tested positive for Chlamydia (absolutely everything else was fine). Well, a week earlier my doctor told me that I had a little problem with Escherichia coli, but I doubt that has anything to do with this.

The thing is that I have been with my partner for almost 8 years now (we both are 26 years old), and we both weren't sexually active before our relationship. That's why we never got tested for STDs when we started dating. And we are one of those couple who tell each other EVERYTHING, maybe even too much, so I never doubted his fidelity. I did asked him though, and he said what I expected - he hadn't been with anyone else but me. To be clear, I also haven't cheated!

So, is sex the only possible way to get this bacteria?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 23, 2016, 07:13 AM
    Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted infection. You can't get it from a sauna, you can't get it from clean towels, and you can't get it from a wax treatment. It is transferred to a non-infected person via contact with the genitals of an infected person. Detailed STD Facts - Chlamydia

It appears your boyfriend may be hiding something from you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 23, 2016, 07:33 AM
    Here is some more information. Chlamydia - American Sexual Health Association

It appears you are monogomous, but he is not.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 23, 2016, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Here is some more information. Chlamydia - American Sexual Health Association

It appears you are monogomous, but he is not.
    Oh dear. Not going to be a good discussion.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 23, 2016, 05:23 PM
    Sorry, but if all you say is true then your boyfriend gave you an STD and you both need to be treated. This will be some test of this relationship to say the least.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New relationship with someone with chlamydia [ 0 Answers ]

I have been dating someone for a year but we never where official. We have NEVER did anything.He got chlamydia from someone else before we actually got serious. He just told me he had chlamydia and it's been gone for 2 months; getting ready be 3. Is it safe to date him without getting this STI?

Is it possible to get chlamydia in a monogomus relationship [ 1 Answers ]

I too got the news that I had chlamydia. I couldn't believe he would do this to me. We have had anal sex, is it possible to get it from this. Or is it only through an infected person...

Are humans meant to be monogamous? [ 12 Answers ]

Just a random thought. I don't know if I am just paranoid or just not capable of trusting others.. but by nature are humans meant to be monogamous? If they aren't, why do people do it? Religion? Social pressure? How did this all start?

I'm in a monogamous, long distance relationship. Is phone sex cheating? [ 6 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I broke up over the summer. Now, we're sort of-not really together. She and I live about a thousand miles apart as she finished school. It's not a relationship. But neither of us are actively seeking someone else. We text just about every day and talk about once a week on the...

How can a monogamous couple get chlamydia? [ 10 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have been together since 2005 in a completely monogamous relationship. I was tested in 2006 for chlamydia and it came back negative. I was recently tested again and told I do have it. How is this possible if we have never been with anyone else since we got together in 2005? Was...

View more questions Search