Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sean999 Posts: 117, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2016, 02:24 AM
    Discussing about financial book's ideas
    This is not question. I am now wanted to discuss about author Robert Kiyosaki's ideas. When I started read his books, I am really interested his ideas and I thought I found the way to become rich. He emphasis on financial freedom and financial education. He give example like his father who have great education and got high position in job. But when he retired and depend on passion fees, he got problems because of government political system problems and no one cared him. So, Robert Kiyosaki emphasis on establishing business rather than doing employee.
    I want to show the weakness of his ideas that I thought. He emphasis on financial freedom and financial education. The vocabularies that he use is great and smart. But in his book, I can't find what is actually mean financial education. He also say about real estate investment but it is not a small business and you have to have some amount of money to start. He say that learning from schools, getting great degrees can lead to be employee if someone have no financial education. So does he think school education is meaningless? Moreover, I am still don't know what the hell is financial education that he meant.
    At first, I am really like him and read most of his books. Now, I have no motivation to work. Everything I see is lack of financial freedom. Most of the people who have financial freedom are still working. You don't look others. Just look Bill gate and Mark zukerberg. Why are they still working? Moreover, his friend, Donald Trump, a big boss is still working. Why are they still work hard for their organisations? I don't want to believe Robert Kiyosaki anymore.
    His ideas are seem to be useful. But it leads to laziness. You can say that I just don't read his books if I don't like him. But the ideas that I gave times and efforts to learn make me lazy guy. I am so sorry about that. So, I am just discussing this as like as talking with my close friends. Aboves are just my ideas. I don't want to hurt someone. I just want to get different ideas and correct my thinking if I do wrong.

Thank you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2016, 05:26 AM
    First... if you don't have a lot of resources then you start small and work you way up as you accumulate more.

Also nothing is without risk. Make the wrong decisions at the wrong times and you turn a successful business into a footnote in the big book of has-beens.

And that's a big book.

Why do successful people continue working? Has more to do with a strong work ethic than need for money. Many could certainly afford to be lazy and do nothing.

But having a drive and a work ethic keeps your mind sharp... and gives you a sense of purpose. Your brain like the rest of your body... needs regular exercise to stay in shape.

I don't put a lot of stock behind people who write books as a principle means of income... unless those books are purely for entertainment value.

This goes back to the adage... those that can, do, those that can't teach. Not that teaching is a bad thing... you need the knowledge to have a chance in many things... but you also need something more... the ability to take that knowledge and apply it in a practical way to make your own niche. Not everyone with the knowledge has that... and it really can't be taught because its ever changing.

Apr 19, 2016, 05:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    First... if you don't have a lot of resources then you start small and work you way up as you accumulate more.

Also nothing is without risk. Make the wrong decisions at the wrong times and you turn a successful business into a footnote in the big book of has-beens.

And that's a big book.

Why do successful people continue working? Has more to do with a strong work ethic than need for money. Many could certainly afford to be lazy and do nothing.

But having a drive and a work ethic keeps your mind sharp... and gives you a sense of purpose. Your brain like the rest of your body... needs regular exercise to stay in shape.

I don't put a lot of stock behind people who write books as a principle means of income... unless those books are purely for entertainment value.

This goes back to the adage... those that can, do, those that can't teach. Not that teaching is a bad thing... you need the knowledge to have a chance in many things... but you also need something more... the ability to take that knowledge and apply it in a practical way to make your own niche. Not everyone with the knowledge has that... and it really can't be taught because its ever changing.

Your answer is really smart. I have partnership business. I read a lot of his ideas and those make me lazy guy and demotivated. Most of my thinkings are influenced by his ideas. I can't focus on strategy but on financial freedom and earning money without doing. I started to hate myself. But I will change myself.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2016, 07:04 AM
    Also remember. Not everything has one right way to do something with everything else being wrong. Don't focus too much on ONE persons perspective.

What works best for one person might not be the best for another that thinks differently or work in a different situation.

Its best to have the knowledge from different peoples perspectives and experience that you can take and apply based on your own knowledge of the specific situation and which one might be best.

Yes... difficult. But having the perspective of more than one person broadens your knowledge base. And can allow you more flexibility, but it also does require you to be able to apply your own knowledge as well.

An example... the current job I am in... requires a lot of thinking and a very deep and broad knowledge of the field.

There is no real formal training at the level I am, everyone has their own way to approach a problem... and get results. I worked with most of the people at one point or other to see how they deal with everything... I picked and chose the aspects of each of their methodologies I felt were most efficient and worked well with how my thought processes worked and how I tended to work.

Apr 19, 2016, 08:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Also remember. Not everything has one right way to do something with everything else being wrong. Don't focus too much on ONE persons perspective.

What works best for one person might not be the best for another that thinks differently or work in a different situation.

Its best to have the knowledge from different peoples perspectives and experience that you can take and apply based on your own knowledge of the specific situation and which one might be best.

Yes... difficult. But having the perspective of more than one person broadens your knowledge base. And can allow you more flexibility, but it also does require you to be able to apply your own knowledge as well.

An example... the current job I am in... requires a lot of thinking and a very deep and broad knowledge of the field.

There is no real formal training at the level I am, everyone has their own way to approach a problem... and get results. I worked with most of the people at one point or other to see how they deal with everything... I picked and chose the aspects of each of their methodologies I felt were most efficient and worked well with how my thought processes worked and how I tended tended to work.

I got it. I am appreciated it. I will try to get flexibility. I will try to get more and more knowledge through self study or from schools. Thank you for your answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Book ideas [ 2 Answers ]

I need a good syfy book to read. Any suggestions?

Book writing ideas [ 2 Answers ]

I need help in writing an introduction of a book

Ideas about book writing? [ 7 Answers ]

My parents have inspired me to write a book. My dad actually finally told me he secretly sent one of my stories (inspired by Shigeru Miyamoto and his zelda characters) to an editor and said that my writing was excellent. I heard this from my college professor too who asked me to be her English...

Book ideas [ 4 Answers ]

I have a BIG question... HOW DO I GET GOOD IDEAS fOR A FANTASY BOOK IM WRITING!? :mad: :confused:

View more questions Search