Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jr0331 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2016, 11:09 AM
    Ubuntu Linux 14 Start Up Question
    I have been looking for some time how to have the num Lock set to on when I power up my PC. I have found a way to have it set to on when I log in, but not when the PC powers up. If my ID and/or password has numbers in it, it would be nice to be able to use the key pad in logging in.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 18, 2016, 12:11 PM
    Check the BIOS of the machine as it's often include there.
    kgingeri Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Dec 6, 2016, 07:46 PM
    If you have root access (you should have, if it's your machine) then you can try it by adding the same instructions in your .bashrc file (or where ever you set it up for logging in) to the /etc/rc.local file. This is a general setting file for system start up and if you are using any kind of X command than it may not work as your session may not be active until you log in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thre is no sound in linux ubuntu [ 5 Answers ]

Hi , I have sony laptop and install ubuntu , but there is no sound in it , how do I can solve this problem ?

Anti-malware for Linux distro Ubuntu? [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like to secure my laptop a little better from online threats. People keep telling me that there is no need for an anti-virus as there is almost no virus that will affect Linux but I'd still like protection against other forms of malware. So can I get please get a list of anti-malware for Linux?

Win and linux ubuntu boot screen! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all. I just installed ubuntu 7.10 on my PC! When I was using windows xp pro I had 3 partitions on my system. I installed ubuntu on one of them and now I can see only one! I have no boot selection screen to choose either windows or linux! :( How can I boot to windows again? I'm worried cause I...

Hardware Drivers for Ubuntu linux? [ 1 Answers ]

I use win xp at the moment and I'm downloading Ubuntu 7.10.iso the os looks really cool and I want to install it on a different partition from xp! I wonder if I'll face any hardware driver problem? Does Ubuntu recognise all devices on my PC? Thanking you in advance :D

View more questions Search