Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yassss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2016, 02:52 AM
    When chimpanzees hug people, is it the same reason for when we do?
    Ok so I just saw a video of a chimpanzee who was released after having treatment, and he chimpanzee hugged the zoologists. Was this for the same reason we, humans would hug? Does their hugging mean they are happy? Or is it just something they do for no reason?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 16, 2016, 04:35 AM
    Chimps are driven by the same emotions we humans have. Hugging would definitely mean a feeling of contentment, happiness or just wanting the warm contact. Chimps are removed from us by only one chromosone, so they are the closest relative to us on the evoluntionary scale.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The main reason that most people vote in favor of unions is higher wages? [ 8 Answers ]

I am taking a course in HR and am looking to find answers to questions regarding Unions. This is an open book, website, anything goes test.

My boyfriend won't hug so should I just go up and hug him? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend won't hug or kiss or anything so what should I say to him? Please please please help me .xxxx

Why Do people hate me for no reason? [ 2 Answers ]

I have seen that people on the street that look very rude to me :| O__O and for no reason... ps:I'm not annoying, ugly, fat, or I don't know. I just can't found the reason please help me

I do not know how to cope people who bully me for no reason. [ 19 Answers ]

Yesterday some people built up my confidence by 300%... Then, today I come to school and there he is... the bully. Okay, I say to myself, I dont´t want any conflicts, I´ll just ignore the guy... I go past him... He doesn´t even look at me... After I make ten steps he shouts: How dare you not...

Isn't it true that the basic reason people have sex is that it feels so good? [ 14 Answers ]

note:by “pleasure” I mean how good sex feels in its entirety… not just the physical aspect….. note: I am not making a normative declaration here…. I am not saying that s.e.x should be without feelings of connection and love but I am strongly suggesting, and this is a subtle distinction, that it...

View more questions Search