Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Apr 15, 2016, 05:28 AM
    Garbage Day Nightmare...
    Looking for a Sure Fire DIY Remedy, Brew / Concoction to Keep Ravens's from Obliterating the Garbage Bag on Garbage Days.. We Recycle most of it so generally it's just One Bag which to the Raven's is enough to make a mess.. Yes put it in a Garbage Can , problem is most times it's down in the Ditch full of water when we return home...
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 15, 2016, 08:27 AM
    The usual 'brews' involve smelly stuff like ammonia.

I too have almost no foody garbage, and sort out anything that isn't foody, even if it isn't recyclable. That way my garbage-garbage fits in a tiny shopping bag, and I keep it in the freezer, because of mice.

Apr 16, 2016, 04:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    The usual 'brews' involve smelly stuff like ammonia.

I too have almost no foody garbage, and sort out anything that isn't foody, even if it isn't recyclable. That way my garbage-garbage fits in a tiny shopping bag, and I keep it in the freezer, because of mice.
    They have a Green Bin Program in the Big City , which Is / Has Been a Total Cluster ____ since Inception.. City Council went into this with their Eyes Wide Shut, Thankful We live Outside City Boundaries so we won't have any part of Paying for this Boondoggle... Sorry Nuff Said will keep a Spray Bottle handy full of some Putrid Mix, Cheers Thanks..
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2016, 05:50 AM
    The garbage collectors may agree to you using a BIN with a lid on it, since they have to throw your bags in a truck anyway. Talk to them and see if its possible.

Apr 16, 2016, 06:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    The garbage collectors may agree to you using a BIN with a lid on it, since they have to throw your bags in a truck anyway. Talk to them and see if its possible.
    Speaking to the Driver & Helper could be an Option.. lol.. We have Deep Ditches and Plenty of Fast Moving Water, more often than not the Garbage Can ends up in the Ditch waiting for me.. lol..
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2016, 06:36 AM

Latch it and anchor it to the ground. I remember well the days of outsmarting the hungry 4 legged critters who love the easy meals. You can do the same with an aluminum can and a tie down cord, and drive a pipe/post as an anchor into the ground.

How do your neighbors deal with those fast running waters, and deep ditches?

Apr 16, 2016, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

Latch it and anchor it to the ground. I remember well the days of outsmarting the hungry 4 legged critters who love the easy meals. You can do the same with an aluminum can and a tie down cord, and drive a pipe/post as an anchor into the ground.

How do your neighbors deal with those fast running waters, and deep ditches?

The Problem is the Window of Time Garbage is sitting at the Road from 7:30/9:30am... Can't always be around to Retreave Can or Recycle Bin to put them away immediately after Garbage Truck has passed by, otherwise the Cans & Bins are kept in a Shed by the House.. In reference to the Neighbor, just last week they had a large carboard box for recycling.. Wind caught it consquently it missed Pickup.. Landed in the Ditch... (Dreaming) G/T Helper has a long handled probe , could have easily snared cardboard box..lol...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC nightmare [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Lennnox 11ge furnace system, and problems with the AC line freezing up. I have had countless HVAC techs out over the years and have tried the old tried and true remove the electric air filters and use a standard filter, clean the A-coil, clean the unit outside, paid for loads of freon over...

GM nightmare? [ 56 Answers ]

So what will be for dinner tomorrow? Emergency! Pathogen New to Science Found in Roundup Ready GM Crops?

Why does my nightmare mean? [ 2 Answers ]

I feel somewhat paralyzed and weak. I was at the club drinking in the bathroom and it was hard for me to walk and keep my eyes open. A guy who had a bouncer shirt on was holding me up walking me out of the club like he was kicking me out, and I told him were my car was and he went in the different...

View more questions Search