Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sean999 Posts: 117, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2016, 07:03 PM
    Kyokushin karate and real street fight
    I watched kyokushin karate style documentary and matches at YouTube. After that I am really afraid that kyokushin karate is really really hard and very effective. I respect Mas oyama and practitioner. But I am afraid that I can't fight with someone who know kyokushin karate in real street fight. I know aikido and kung fu. I am not talking about doing crime. But because of unexpected situation, if someday I have to face with someone who practiced kyokushin karate, I have lack of self-confidence.
    In match, you can see that they make punches and within one second or faster than a second, their strong kicks are formed. Really amazing.
    I respect kyokushin karate and I can't find their weakness. Please share your ideas.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2016, 08:35 PM
    Any karate will be as fast and strong if taught properly, what is special is in the spiritual side of the art (not really taught properly n western world)

Their weakness is that, if one studies the opponent it can be predictable, and often even a skilled user (of any form) has slight pre-moves that gives them away.

Kung fu, if really learned (against inner and outter) would be a much stronger form in a real battle.
    And I would put Kempo Karate easily against them also, because it is taught as a aggressive and violent form.

The issue is, if someone is really trained, and trained properly, they will fight with honor and not fight merely to fight.
    In all the forms, you should be trained to understand the best fight is one not fought.

Contest fighting, is not real fighting, (although I have gotten broken ribs, arm and other things from it in years past) but real fighting would be much different. (your street fighting)

Apr 14, 2016, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Any karate will be as fast and strong if taught properly, what is special is in the spiritual side of the art (not really taught properly n western world)

Their weakness is that, if one studies the opponent it can be predictable, and often even a skilled user (of any form) has slight pre-moves that gives them away.

Kung fu, if really learned (against inner and outter) would be a much stronger form in a real battle.
    And I would put Kempo Karate easily against them also, because it is taught as a aggressive and violent form.

The issue is, if someone is really trained, and trained properly, they will fight with honor and not fight merely to fight.
    In all the forms, you should be trained to understand the best fight is one not fought.

Contest fighting, is not real fighting, (although I have gotten broken ribs, arm and other things from it in years past) but real fighting would be much different. (your street fighting)

What do you mean pre- moves? Like bruce lee make fake fist for kicking? I don't reach level of kungfu that you said. Please discuss more about aikido. By the way, sorry about your injuries.

Thank you for your answer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2016, 09:49 PM
    A pre-move. A person getting ready to hit will often slightly drop his other shoulder. A Kick will often have a slight shift of weight. A jump will start with muscle tightening. And so on.

When done with a set group of Kata moves. Also often they will do certain moves in response to the moves of others.

Apr 14, 2016, 11:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    A pre-move. A person getting ready to hit will often slightly drop his other shoulder. A Kick will often have a slight shift of weight. A jump will start with muscle tightening. And so on.

When done with a set group of Kata moves. Also often they will do certain moves in response to the moves of others.

OK. I got it. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Street street light installation [ 3 Answers ]

How do I install 12 numbers of 250 watt bulb of street light

How do I learn to fight someone back if I've never been in a fight? [ 4 Answers ]

Well a girl's boyfriend flirts with me a little and it pisses her off. So to get attention she says I'm trying to steal him from her (how pathetic, right?) at first I ignored her b.s. but when she started putting my friends against me she crossed the line. She keeps saying she will knock me out but...

80' karate movies [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for two karate movies don't know their names.One in which the kid is trying to get in shaolin in the end he got to pass the final test fighting dolls in some cave, And the other one was also with a kid who was training real hard for champion sheep but he was having problems wit some...

View more questions Search