Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Voetjie Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2016, 01:36 AM
    Should I got for a HIV test?
    Hello, I'm wondering... I've been having protected sex all my life and I know my partners statuses... But recently, I slept with someone only to find out that she sleeps around (she's been with a lot of guys) and I'm just really paranoid to think that I have some STD or something? I'm not feeling any different but HIV only comes up in like 3 months? So my main worry is AIDS... I Asked her about it, obviously in a nice way, and she said that I don't need to worry, basically implying that she doesn't have... Opinion? Do you think I should go for the test in 3 months or not? How does it work? How much is it? And what will happen if I go there?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 14, 2016, 04:28 AM
    Anyone who has unprotected sex with someone they don't know really well can contract all sorts of STDs, so sure. Call a local walk-in clinic and ask all the questions you want. You save money at a clinic by seeing a nurse, and some are sliding scale. We can't know what it will cost at any given place.

Just because it has higher odds and is untreatable, I'd be more concerned with herpes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2016, 04:34 AM
    Even if you "think" you know the history of your sexual partners, guess what, even they may wonder sometimes.

So it sounds like multiple partners (at least the way read it) so yes you should be getting regular checks every 6 months or yearly anyway.
    My work requires one every year.

But yes you should, with this case

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Questions about HIV test results [ 1 Answers ]

Hi doctor . I'm a female and I have a few questions regarding my hiv test results. I had an exposure to whom now highly suspect is a hiv positive man. I gave him protected oral sex and unprotected hand job and boobjob. I got semen on my hand and I'm not sure if my breasts were free of cuts from...

HIV- Clearview Complete Test [ 4 Answers ]

At 10 weeks and 2 day(72 Days) after unprotected sex I received the clearview complete HIV test. The results came back NEGATIVE. Do I still need to go back at exactly 12 weeks for retesting the complete end of the window period?

Hiv second test ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I did blood test two tubes are green and gray and the result is no infection, also I did HIV 1 & 2 after 40 days from intercourse and the result in negative. Is it necessary to do HIV test again after 3 months ? Or it's enough?

Do Ghana citizens have to take an HIV test before traveling to US [ 3 Answers ]

I was talking to a person living in Ghana and they told me to visit the US. They have to have an HIV test. Is this true and how much is it to renew their passport and cost of visa

View more questions Search