Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    niecygirl1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2016, 03:48 PM
    My 10 year old femal chihuahua dog is jerking her head up as if she has just been rea
    My 10 year old 7lb Chihuahua dog started jerking like something has scared her real bad about a year ago when I moved a block away from train tracks that make really loud banging noise,and I thought that was what was making her jerk but then I noticed that she started doing it a lot even when the train was not making any noise at all,so I took her to vet and she said it might be her diet because she has always been very picky eater,so she put her on a medicine called mirtazapine and it has helped with her eating problem but she still jerks,she will even jerk when I move sudden and she is spoiled rotten and has never been hit or even yelled at.please help if you can I cant afford to take her to vet.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 13, 2016, 04:23 PM
    Whatever I say is not a medical diagnosis, only opinion.

Sounds like she's just a nervous dog. Her breed is known for nervousness. They're skittish dogs as a breed.

Having said that, some dogs, despite breed, or how they're raised, are just nervous. It's like human beings. Some are raised in the best homes but have mental disorders, or other disorders. Not their fault. They just are who they are, and can't help who they are.

I have a dog that was rescued at 2 months of age. We chose him because of his fear. He's now almost 5, and he's still a fearful dog. Unless he knows you well, he's terrified of you. No matter what we do, his fear remains. It's just who he is, and we love him no matter what. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chihuahua with 3 moera spots on head [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking a getting a little Chihuahua that currently weighs around 80zs and its 7 weeks old. The lady took him to the vet today and he said it had 3 little molera openings, but had a really strong heart and appeared to be in very good health other than this. Is this a major or minor problem.

Hi I'm a 18 year old femal I'm 5,2 and 6 and a half stone. I don't eat the right food as [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, my user name was louloub09 but I had to join again as lost my password, Hey, I'm a 18 year old female I'm 5,2 and 6 and a half stone, I don't eat the right food as I have a fear in trying new thing. Well let start by saying I don't like any fruit or veg at all, I don't like anything...

Why does my dog keep jerking [ 2 Answers ]

My basset hound keeps jerking all the time and falling over. She is also drinking a lot of water? What could be wrong with her?

Bald spots on chihuahua puppy head [ 2 Answers ]

My 2-month chihuahua puppy has tiny bald spots on his head. There is no soreness or itching and he seems to be very healthy. The vet did not know what it was. What could it be?

View more questions Search