Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traka Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2005, 05:46 PM
    Password utility for excel
    There was a utility ( I think MS provided it) for forgotten passwords in excel.
    I have some spreadsheets archived from some very early xl days, (office pro 97)
    Is there a way to open these spreadsheets if the password is lost ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 9, 2005, 06:47 AM
    Try www.lostpassword.com
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2005, 07:30 AM
    Lost XL password
    Hi,
    Here is a link to Microsoft that you might have been thinking about. Unfortunately, it states it cannot be opened without the password.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;292264

The site given by another Expert is a good one, but also lists many, many possibilities to try. I wish there was a much better answer for you!

Just for information:
    If you wish to add or subtract from an Experts' reputation, or show appreciation or discontent with an answer, click on the "balance scales" icon by the Experts' name. You can then choose what you wish.

Best wishes,
    fredg
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 9, 2005, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by traka
    There was a utility ( I think MS provided it) for forgotten passwords in excel.
    Hmm, So Fred's answer is to point to a site that says it can't be done. AFTER I've given a link to a site that has the utilities to do it.
    phr0ze Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Mar 9, 2005, 01:24 PM
    Sounds like your problem is solved. MS has always ignored/denied password workarounds that they did not intend. I'm sure adobe ignores the ones to unlock PDFs too. Its all the same, these companies want users to trust the product.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

All in one utility box... [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for some kind of network device that would serve as a Router, print server Wireless access point and be able to handle T1 or fractional T1. Anyone heard of anything like this?

Removing utility sink [ 1 Answers ]

I will be removing a utility sink and cabinet and will not be replacing it. My question revolves around the drain coming out from the wall.The water lines have shut off valves which will remain in place in case the utility sink were to be needed at a later time so they are not the issue. Can I...

Adding a utility sink [ 1 Answers ]

I am planning on adding a utility sink to my laundry room, I was planning on tapping into the water lines and drain to the washer. I have not opened up the wall yet so I don't know the exact configuration of the drain, but my question is if I run the sink drain of off the drain from the washer...

Installing a utility tub [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I want to install a utility tub in my laundry room. My question is, can I tee the tub drain into the washer drain stack? I really don't want to run a separate drain pipe all the way to the main stack ( about 30ft). About the house; single story, crawl space, laundry room at back of house,...

View more questions Search