Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mom2MeBulgar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2016, 08:45 AM
    Bulgarian Transfer of Money to US
    My mom in law is moving from Bulgaria to US and needs to get a large sum of money to the US from Bulgaria for living expenses. What is the most cost effective way to transfer the money from Bulgaria to US? If she transfers to my bank account will I have to pay US taxes on the money if I give back to her upon arrival in the united states?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2016, 10:27 AM
    Better to have her open an account in her name with an international bank, deposit the funds there and then she would be able to access the funds when she gets here. Wells Fargo, US Bank, Chase and Citibank can do those services. IRS frowns on straw purchases.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Money transfer [ 4 Answers ]

I am getting divorced and returning to England my birth place can I transfer my settlement to England . Will I have to pay tax in both countries

Money Transfer [ 5 Answers ]

I am talking to a woman in the UK for a now a month and her family member is to send me money orders worth $4500 and then I cash them and Western Union the Money to the UK to the woman I have been talking to! She claims it is for her to move Here with me! My question is there any repercussions that...

How do I transfer money? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to transfer a large amount of money from Bank La Caixa to a british account, how do I do this?

Money transfer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've been approached by a company called Apecco about a part time home based job wich consist of receiving money and transferring it via Western Union. Is it money laundering? How can I find out more about? Thanks

View more questions Search