Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmr0512 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2016, 06:08 PM
    Spicer transaxle
    My Murray riding mower is hard to shift. It has a Spicer transaxle part number 056191.Spicer part number 4450-3. Can it be serviced and with what, oil or grease?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Apr 16, 2016, 07:23 AM
    Hi,
    Yes it is serviceable. It use a specific grease and the Spicer version contains a rust and corrosion inhibitor.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4450-1 transaxle stuck [ 7 Answers ]

I changed the disk brake in the axle, but all the gears slid to one side as I was putting it back together. Now the wheels move in opposite directions. How do I align the gears to work correctly?

John deere transaxle [ 4 Answers ]

I'm having problem with me L120 John Deere once it gets hot it won't climb hills I know for a fact its not the belt I replaced it and it is routed correctly I was told it was a valve problem and that the transaxle is sealed but this is not the case I was able to separate the transaxle by removing...

Transaxle lubricants [ 2 Answers ]

I have a ford yt16 Lawn tractor. I have repaired the transaxle but I'm not sure what to use as a lubricant. Some say grease and others say 120W gear oil. What should I use ? Thank you.:confused:

Hot taurus transaxle [ 1 Answers ]

From time to time my wife's car will drop a couple of ounces of tranny fluid on the garage floor when she comes home. I check the fluid level and it only seems to be down that little bit (I don't think it's leaking going down the road, only when she stops.) Now a warning light has been coming on,...

View more questions Search