Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rainysummerdays Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2016, 05:27 PM
    HIPPA violation homehealth Husband driving me
    Scenario 1.
    Nurse nancy's employer has her use her personal cell phone for work reimbursing at 60 a month.They text information as well as patients call her phone.however on off hours nancy uses her phone for.personal use.While off a patient texts and Nancys husband has the phone and sees a crude harassing message from nancys patient that is sexually explicit. Nancy husband becomes concerned and calls nancy employer about the [COLOR=#1155cc]text.is[/COLOR] this a hippa.violation? Keep in mind the husband does no know the name of the patient age sex or diagnosis.
    rainysummerdays Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2016, 05:29 PM
    Hippa
    Scenario 2. Nurse nancy works home health care and her employer allows her to have her husband drive her on several occasions of inclement weather.So nurse nancy has her husband drive her around on another day just to gave his company and her employer sites her for s HIPPA violation as he did not sign a patient confidentiality statement to drive her.The husband does not know the names of any patient or diagnosis and has no access to protected health information is this a HIPPA violation?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 9, 2016, 05:44 PM
    It's HIPAA with 2 A's, not HIPPA.

Give me me what you have for an answer, I can't do your homework for you.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 9, 2016, 06:03 PM
    Obviously a homework problem, and we don't give answers to homework. However - if you tell us what you think the answer is, and why, we'll be glad to check it for you. But here's a hint for you: it's HIPAA, not HIPPA. You better get that right!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 10, 2016, 12:48 AM
    If Nancy's husband doesn't know the name of the patient, how does he know the text came from one of Nancy's patients?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it a HIPPA violation to be billed for my husband's medical service? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband was in the hospital back in May and the physician is billing me for this. I just got a collection notice because the bill hasn't been paid. I kept asking my husband to call the billing office and explain to them that he is the patient and he should be the one being billed, not me. He...

What is a hippa violation [ 5 Answers ]

Can an employer call a health care provider to verify if a staff members next of kin is a patience in care.. (the father of a manager was on life support, in which case the father lost his life after the machine was turned off. While the father was on life support the employer call and verified the...

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

Hippa violation? [ 1 Answers ]

I am an employee at a health care facility. I have had treatment at this facility myself. The manager spoke of my health issues and information from my previous treatment in frontt of other employees and patients. Where do I go from here?

Hippa violation [ 27 Answers ]

My husband did painting for our dentist. It was agreed verbally under the table. No written contract. We received a 1099 for work. Dentist said his accountant saw checks written and sent 1099. Because there was no contract, the dentist would have had to go in my husband's medical file for his...

View more questions Search