Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ogosgoldwin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2016, 04:18 PM
    Net Photosynthesis
    Please explain with as much detail as you possibly know step by step how the leaf disk experiment gives an idea of the rate of photosynthesis when what results is net photosynthesis. What exactly is cellular respiration in plants?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 8, 2016, 04:19 PM
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to HELP we wont do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..
    ogosgoldwin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2016, 04:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to HELP we wont do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..
    During the experiment, the leaves float because oxygen is being produced in excess of what's being consumed by respiration. Here I don't understand exactly what kind of respiration is happening, it is just what I have uncovered from all the research I've done. In our experiment, I measured the time it took for a leaf to float in warm, cold, and room temperature water with the constants being light intensity, color, and distance. I don't understand exactly get what the time tells me. For example, it took the leaf chads in the hot water two minutes and 10 seconds to reach the top in a beaker filled with water to 100 mL. Since the experiment itself doesn't use all the oxygen being produced, doesn't this mean that the amount of oxygen being used is actually less than what true photosynthesis produces in the light reactions stage. I am currently a highschooler in normal biology, just for reference on how much I would know. How many complete photosynthesis has happened when the leaf chad finally rise and if its more than one, then I'm truly lost.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Determine net profit from net income and net sales [ 1 Answers ]

Net Income 5,390 Net Sales 44,830 - what is the net profit

Photosynthesis biology [ 1 Answers ]

What are specialized plant cells and how are they linked with photosynthesis? Any help would be appreciated :) x

Energy and photosynthesis [ 1 Answers ]

What is another name for a carbohydrate sugar that is a product of photosynthesis

Stages of photosynthesis [ 2 Answers ]

I am seriously confusing myself about light-dependent stage, light independent stage and the calvin cycle, does anyone know how to put it simply or make it make sense.:) help

The breakdown of photosynthesis [ 1 Answers ]

Where is photosynthesis located in a cell? What organisms use photosynthesis? What is the equation for photosynthesis? How are the reactants obtained for photosynthesis? Where do the products of photosynthesis go? What factors affect photosynthesis? How does photosynthesis affect a human...

View more questions Search