Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aysha aneeqah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2016, 09:28 AM
    Is illiteracy of mother is the reason for indiscipline child
    I want to know if illiterate mothers are responsible for unintelligent and indiscipline of children
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 8, 2016, 09:36 AM
    Yes of course they are, and geniuses produce intelligent well rounded children.
    Stereotype much.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 8, 2016, 06:30 PM
    No! An illiterate mother was a child that wasn't taught to read, parents that didn't care and didn't change the outcome of this child's life.

Your child, if it's unable to read, and is unintelligent, and undisciplined, is a product of it's parents, and how they raise him/her. As one of the parents, you're to blame, not just the mother.

Not everyone is smart. It has nothing to do with whether you or the bearer of your seed that bears your child (which is what the mother obviously is to you, and nothing more), is smart. You're part of that package too. So are you smart? Do you teach your child? Do you discipline your child? Do you spend any time with your child?

A child is what you make it to be, and it takes two, or more to make the child live up to its potential. You can't blame the mom because she's illiterate. Illiteracy isn't hereditary. So if the child can't read and isn't well disciplined, it's not only the mothers fault. It's yours too! You're the father! What about your shortcomings? Are you perfect? Well, based on what you say about your child, even though you didn't give details, I'd guess you're a failure at being a dad.

What have you done for this child? It is your child, right? So what have you done to teach, discipline, and educate this child that's yours?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 8, 2016, 06:42 PM
    I've known well-behaved children who had wonderful yet illiterate mothers and lived in shacks in the hills of North Carolina. I've known (and used to babysit for) weathy and/or well-educated mothers who lived in large, beautiful houses but were terrible mothers with undisciplined children.

Being illiterate doesn't determine that a woman will be a bad mother with undisciplined children or "unintelligent" (not sure what you mean) children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has mother lied for a reason? [ 11 Answers ]

My father died in Florida 2010. My mother said he had no will and left everything to her. Am I entitled to any of his estate? I have called the county court in which my father lived and died. I had them do a will search and they did not find a will, but said that did not mean he did not have one...

Can mother get father's rights terminated for no reason of 5 mo of baby [ 6 Answers ]

If parents have broken up and mother is threatening to take baby (5 mo) out of state and try to get fathers rights terminated. There is no just cause. He takes care of baby.

I Blame My Father & Mother For The Reason Why My Boyfriend Left Me. [ 7 Answers ]

My name is Britney. I'm a happy 17 year old. I was just in an awesome relationship. But then he brokeup with me. He moved to Mississippi and he's really really busy with going to work and college and trying to spend time with his dad; which he never got to spend a lot of time with. But the reason...

View more questions Search