Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pam Watson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2016, 01:14 PM
    Does someone build a round table in sections?
    I need a round table, 78-84" in diameter, that I can build around a permanent pole that supports a roof. The center of the table must have an 18-24" hole to fit around the pole. The table should be collapsable and moveable.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 7, 2016, 01:52 PM
    Wood veneers are shaved off a log as it spins, so can be quite wide, although they break eventually. The substrate could be 4' x 8' plywood/particle board/MDO.
    I don't think you'll find a round table made out of a 7' diameter tree! And it makes no sense, because of course it has to be made in sections - you want it to be movable!
    Two sections are the minimum and sound best to me.
    Because of the size and the sections, I would make it out of solid wood (glued lengths). Glued sections are stronger than large single pieces anyway, and help prevent warping.
    So if each half is about 40" wide, and each board used is 10" wide, you'll have 4 boards glued together, twice.
    And that way there is very little waste, because the outer edges of the 2 halves can be very short pieces, gradually getting longer towards the middle ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does any body know where to find a schematic to build a certain aircraft to build 1:1 [ 1 Answers ]

My Father has His Birthday in April, same as Me. He is a huge aircraft model enthusiast, Pilot, and War Historian. I myself am an aircraft enthusiast. I am a huge nut when it comes to WWII aircraft, especially on the German/Axis side. I am in honor of my Dad's 52 Birthday and his 34 years of...

How do I fix my 24 foot round pool that is out if round on opposite sides [ 0 Answers ]

My pool is 24 ft round,but is now 24 from side to side,but on other end to end is 2-3 inches wider. Outing allot of stress on liner,and has torn it. Do I need to pull apart wall and fix frame? I've cut foam and added to deeper parts of wall,still seems it may need more adjustments?

Plans to build a dutch pull-out table [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for plans to build a dutch pull-out table

In how many ways can 9 people be seated at a round table [ 1 Answers ]

In how many ways can 9 people be seated at a round table such that they can sit anywhere? a) 9 b) 4320 c) 40,320 d) 5040 e) none of the choices.

How to build a house on a high water table? [ 4 Answers ]

Good day, If I am about to build a house on land with a high water table.. I know very little about building.. would it be possible if you all can provide me with some information on what steps to take?? I was advised by someone to drive piles into the land and build from there.. does this make any...

View more questions Search