Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    murmel66 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2016, 08:03 AM
    Inquiry for a woman from Ghana
    I have got to know a pen friend on the Internet.
    She would like to get to know me.
    However, I do not know whether she is maybe a criminal woman.
    Could you say me whether is this Passport real from Ghana?
    Thank you for your support

Yours sincerely
    Marcel
    Attached Images

Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 7, 2016, 08:22 AM
    SCAM!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 7, 2016, 08:29 AM
    I hope you haven't sent her any money.

Apr 7, 2016, 08:31 AM
    Why do you believe this?

Apr 7, 2016, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    SCAM!!
    Why do you believe this?

Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I hope you haven't sent her any money.
    No, I don't have sent money at her.
    Why do you believe also that is a scam?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 7, 2016, 09:03 AM
    Ghana is the home of the world's leading dating scams. Google dating scams in Ghana and see for yourself.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Apr 7, 2016, 10:39 AM
    Correct, hardly a day goes by that I don't have an email from Ghana with a woman who wants to marry me or to come to see me or for me to send them money. Scam.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 7, 2016, 11:17 AM
    This is a link to the sample image of the Ghana passport from Ghana Immigration Service. Welcome to Ghana Immigration Service

Even if the information in the passport is correct, it doesn't mean the picture hasn't been changed/doctored.

If you are asking questions about a passport, then it means you have your own suspicions that things are not quite right. Something that maybe you haven't fully acknowledged even to yourself. If instinct is telling you to check her out, then walk away from the friendship before you get in deeper than you can afford to-emotionally as well as financially.

[edited to clarify what the link is to.]
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2016, 05:38 PM
    It is a good fake passport, Women's photo has a slight left tilt to it. The photo shop people did a good job on this.

My guess it is done by one of the several professional scam rings.

It has been some years now, but I was allowed ( they were proud of it) to tour a office where they do the scams. There is almost no police interference and most pay off the police to work without any problems. They are a big source of income to the community.

They hire large scale work crews that email 1000's of people every day, go onto dating sites from 100's of countries and make profiles and email people, and get Facebook info.

After that if you answer them, they have prepared texts that they use, and they have an answer for any and everything you can ask. So you may be talking to 4 or 5 different people over a month, depending on who is at work that day, but they keep your chat history and use prepared answers.

Normally the person in the photo does not even exist but sometimes they do buy, borrow or steal real passports. Normally they have a passport blank, and merely insert names and photo. They use a name, till it gets listed on the fraud warnings and them move to new names.

If you ever get to a point of demanding a video chat, (and they will have many reasons they can't) often they have a few very very beautiful girls (often sex workers they employ) who tell you they are sorry, they used their friends photo and passport because they were afraid you would only want them for their beauty (or some story like that)

Normally they are going to ask for a visa (often a passport fee) that is several times too high.

They they ask for a BTA (Basic Travel Allowance) that does not exist any longer.

They ask for medical fee, and often a bribe to some government official.

If they have gotten all of that money, on the day of their flight (they want money for airplane also) they have car wreck, or they are robbed, or some bad government official at airport demands something.

Then after not hearing from them for a few weeks, a friend of theirs, or them, contact you that they are in hospital and need money for the doctors.

It will keep going till you are out of money or figure it out.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Apr 7, 2016, 05:55 PM
    You can take what Fr Chuck has said to the Bank. He is 100% Correct. Should make that a "sticky" so when the next person who asks about "Ghana crap-pola" it can be posted immediately.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 7, 2016, 06:28 PM
    No, I don't have sent money at her.
    Why do you believe also that is a scam?
    Has she asked you for money? If not, she will, as soon as she, if it's even a she, knows she has you interested enough. Wait for it. It will happen.

Why do we believe it's a scam. You have internet, you have a computer, so Google dating scams in Ghana, or just Ghana itself, then be prepared to read the thousands of posts, page after page, about all the scams in Ghana.

It will start with her/him (until you see her face to face, don't assume she's really a she, because a lot of the scammers are guys using fake ID's and pictures to lure you in), telling you that they want love, want a boyfriend. Then she/he will tell you that she wants to meet you, but oh no, she can't. She needs money so she can get a new passport so she can come see you, but she doesn't have the money, and that's so sad because you're desperate for love, and she's offering it. So won't you send her a few thousand dollars so she can meet you? No? How about a few hundred dollars? No? But don't you want to meet her? Aren't you sad and lonely enough to do anything for a girl? No? Well fine then, she/he will concentrate on one of the other 50 plus people he/she is trying to scam. You're a lost cause.

Be smarter than this! Google is your friend. Everyone knows about these scams. Time to stop looking for love online, get off your computer and meet real women, face to face. Or continue doing this and lose every penny you have and never meet the woman you think you're talking to.

Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2016, 09:11 PM
    With all of that said, most of us do understand. Normally they find a lonely person or someone who has been single for a while and not really finding a right person.

Then all of a sudden, a girl that is very beautiful is talking (chatting online) to you. And your mind goes wild with dreams of having a girlfriend/wife with someong so much better than you may normally find in your local area.

They seem not to mind your faults, no matter what they are, and understand you.
    These people have years of experience doing this, and writing the scripts they use.

I am fairly public and get maybe 10 of these a week, some with "hum well" very interesting sexy photos.

Now are there women in Ghana that would marry you, tell you anything, to move to America (or Europe) and get a green card (and of course then be gone with all your money. Yes of course.
    And some may even out of duty or honor even live with you, You may think love, they will feel like slave being bought out of their old home for a better life for perhaps kids.

Heck, I could get you a 20 year old Chinese girl that would marry anyone, just to move to America.

But you don't find these people that just happen to email you. These people don't even know how to do mass emails. And the such.
    You find them by actually traveling to those places and meeting them in person.

Apr 7, 2016, 11:10 PM
    I owe you all, for your important information. I will break immediately the contact with her.
    I am glad that I have come on this web page.
    She has already asked me, for money for your mother and for the school.
    Everything lied.
    Ok, I will meet a Girl from face to face.
    Thanks for your important informations
    Greetings
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 8, 2016, 03:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by murmel66 View Post
    I owe you all, for your important information. I will break immediately the contact with her.
    I am glad that I have come on this web page.
    She has already asked me, for money for your mother and for the school.
    Everything lied.
    Ok, I will meet a Girl from face to face.
    Thanks for your important informations
    Greetings
    Good for you. I'm glad you listened. Too many people ask about this scam, and then don't listen. There are people that have lost hundred's of thousands of dollars, and still believe that this person is the love of their life, and will send every penny they have to be with him/her. Even when they're shown proof that it's a scam, they don't believe it, and continue to send money, and buy all the lies this person tells.

You got lucky. You were suspicious, you asked, and you were told the truth, and you accepted that truth. You just saved yourself a lot of money and heartache.

Go out, don't be afraid to approach people you see every day. You'll meet someone. It may take time, but face to face is always best. Give yourself a chance to meet someone real, someone that will be who she is, and not try to scam you.

Good luck. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ghana woman [ 4 Answers ]

Lady named Martina Mawuenyegah found me on Facebook wants to come here how can I find out if she is legitimate?

Could a woman from Ghana actually be genuine? [ 7 Answers ]

I know everybody is saying ,all women in ghana are out to scam money out of you ,BUT I have been on friendly terms with this women from ghana ,we have now been in regular contact for over a year now ,different times of the day ,and night ,sometimes chatting for hours at a time ,when ever I call her...

Want to marry woman in ghana [ 11 Answers ]

I have been talking to a woman in ghana for 2 months now and we are serious about each other. We want to get married but her uncle said he want a traditional wedding but I don't have to be there it just a ceremony they do and than we can get marriage license and get married and I don't have to go...

View more questions Search